Post Match Leicester 5 Southampton 0

My sister-in-law had a wonderful time. Her WhatsApp;

Four goals and Keenan's incredible arse. Great night. Thanks.

She made up a name and didn't even know it was five ****ing nil when she messaged me after the game.

Glad I gave up my seat tonight.

Flaps.

Win number 30. That should be that. You just don't win 30 games in the Championship and not go up. Not possible.

Strangely, never felt very nervous in the ground tonight. It did on Saturday but we seemed in better control this time.

It was a pretty even tactical contest for an hour and then Southampton just stopped playing. Their schedule has been mental recently and they just looked done.

I thought Justin was our best player. Fatawu will take the headlines, and deservedly so for that excellent finish for his second, but Justin did a sensational job on the Southampton right side all night.

A simply sensational destruction of Southampton.

We had the ramblings of the ****wit watching Leeds last night, but Leeds cannot destroy a team like we did tonight. Top quality footballers all over the pitch, not just in one or two players who can run a bit fast.

The back four were superb, especially Vesty and Justin on our left hand side. The incredible movement of Vardy made spaces everywhere that KDH and Ndidi should have made an awful lot more of. No wonder the manager sounded a bit pissed off - we should have had ten. Vardy was top drawer - none of the other contenders in this league have a player who can do what he did tonight. And Fatawu, well he was just brilliant. Again peerless in this league when he gets it all right ( which isn’t always, but tonight sensational)

Much of the credit, however, goes to Maresca. It was a tactical masterclass, based I suspect, on knowing exactly what they would try and do to the nth degree.

Our high press was superb against their back line and keeper, and kept them pinned down time and time again. Simply brilliant. And in central midfield and across the back we virtually stood on their toes man for man. It worked like a charm, and denied them a single inch to do do anything at all when in possession. They didn’t have a clue what to do. Game, set and match to Enzo.

This is all over. Looking forward to the title celebration party at Deepdale

Yeah, but if we’d lost tonight we could be outside the top 2 on Monday

****ing woosies

Our work rate off the ball tonight was tremendous. I know the headlines will be about the goals and Fatawu, but we dictated the game when they had the ball, our pressing was outstanding. This was led, as it has been many times before, by our number 9. As good as other players were tonight, nothing beats seeing Vardy on top of his game. Man I’m gonna miss him when he finishes.

Win number 30. That should be that. You just don't win 30 games in the Championship and not go up. Not possible.

Strangely, never felt very nervous in the ground tonight. It did on Saturday but we seemed in better control this time.

It was a pretty even tactical contest for an hour and then Southampton just stopped playing. Their schedule has been mental recently and they just looked done.

I thought Justin was our best player. Fatawu will take the headlines, and deservedly so for that excellent finish for his second, but Justin did a sensational job on the Southampton right side all night.

Definitely agree it was Justin's best performance in a long time. Thought he was great and full of energy.

Abdul is a special bloke. I ****ing love players like him who actually like playing football.

He nearly stopped running when the ball didn't cone to him from KDH for his hattrick though the naughty bugger.

...the absolute joy at seeing JV slide along the grass towards us after he slammed that goal in. I am not forgetting that.
The commentator said something like "Jamie Vardy still running like a teenager" and if I'd dived and slid along on the grass like JV when I was 37 - I would have broken several ribs! He's just a brilliant footballer and entertainer.

Abdul is a special bloke. I ****ing love players like him who actually like playing football.

He nearly stopped running when the ball didn't cone to him from KDH for his hattrick though the naughty bugger.
Probably for the best. Otherwise he would have been offside...

...again!

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564