Leicester City documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Leicester

Hello all,

Just to let you know, BBC Leicester have put together a series of special documentaries looking back on City's 125 years.

If you missed the first one you can catch up online (there's also a video montage!), and listen out for the final installment this Saturday from 13:00.

The doc includes exclusive interviews with Gary Lineker and Steve Claridge as well as one of Leicestershire's oldest City fans, who watched Sepp Smith play in the 1930's.

Still can't post direct links on here at the moment, but you can find it all on bbc.co.uk/leicester, under the History section.

Enjoy! :)

If you let me post ads on the BBC site I'll let you post your ads on here :)

I would imagine reading out posts from this site on the football forum or post match would be advertising enough.

I would imagine reading out posts from this site on the football forum or post match would be advertising enough.

I'm not aware that they do that, but if they do I hope they tell people the site's url. And that would still not be as good as a link on the BBC's website.

This site's rules are clear, people are not allowed to join just to post adverts. People are expected to take part, not just post ads but give nothing in return.

If I phoned up RL on a Monday night just to plug this site they'd cut me off pretty quickly.

When I have heard RL post match 'over to what the messageboards are saying', it is always 606 first and occasionally FT. I have never heard TB mentioned.

When I have heard RL post match 'over to what the messageboards are saying', it is always 606 first and occasionally FT. I have never heard TB mentioned.

I heard Talking Balls mentioned after the West Brom game along with 606 and Foxes Talk.

As for the documentary, I listened to most of part one on Saturday and really enjoyed it. But I'm looking forward to part two even more because it'll include the period I've been going to games so will love to hear the finals in 96, 97 and 2000 along with promotion back to the Premier League in 2003.

Last edited:
I'm not aware that they do that, but if they do I hope they tell people the site's url. And that would still not be as good as a link on the BBC's website.

This site's rules are clear, people are not allowed to join just to post adverts. People are expected to take part, not just post ads but give nothing in return.

If I phoned up RL on a Monday night just to plug this site they'd cut me off pretty quickly.

Fair play, I think that is pretty bad and they should help advertise Talking Balls if the BBC are using Talking Balls as a source of displaying what is on their website. The BBC are pretty big fish to be getting into debates with though :icon_bigg

True, don't want to be getting into arguments with the BBC though off the website.

Don't see why not. First of all, we pay for them to exist. Secondly, if the quality of their news and factual programming is anything to go by, I doubt there's anyone at the BBC capable of arguing very effectively anyway.

Don't see why not. First of all, we pay for them to exist. Secondly, if the quality of their news and factual programming is anything to go by, I doubt there's anyone at the BBC capable of arguing very effectively anyway.

Peggy Mitchell ? Ian Beale ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673