Post Match Leicester City - FA CUP WINNERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that’s his attitude we’ll batter them tomorrow, entitled ****.

What a pathetic and churlish thing for him to say.

I can only surmise that perhaps he is trying to motivate his players.

I said we'd win because of their entitled attitude as I was walking up Wembley way.

Fans, players, manager and definitely owner..... All entitled.

I hope we do them again tomorrow, it would be so sweet

As I recall from news interviews (unlike Pep/Klopp) - he was a manager who didn't come out and condemn Chelsea's move to join the ESL at the time. OK, he'd only just joined Chelsea, but clearly he/ the club felt entitled to be part of a self declared, irreplaceable elite. Wouldn't it be great to win/ draw and stay above them in top 4?

Looked like right scruffy ****ers
I couldn’t give a shit about the inner workings of Chelsea or any of the ESL scab clubs but it seems to me like he’s managed his team really badly around the final.

He said he was angry after losing to Arsenal. Then they turn up dressed like they’re catching a cheap flight. Then he makes them watch us lift the trophy and stand around like lemons. Then he seemingly absolves them by saying they deserved to win.

I couldn’t give a shit about the inner workings of Chelsea or any of the ESL scab clubs but it seems to me like he’s managed his team really badly around the final.

He said he was angry after losing to Arsenal. Then they turn up dressed like they’re catching a cheap flight. Then he makes them watch us lift the trophy and stand around like lemons. Then he seemingly absolves them by saying they deserved to win.
Is the media going to start realising why PSG gave him the sack soon?

From Garth Crooks' team of the week article:
There was also an extraordinary moment when VAR intervened for the first time in the final. The technology robbed Chelsea of an equaliser but provided Leicester with a victory for which they have waited so long. As for Schmeichel, his performance against the Blues not only won him the FA Cup but also will have put him in line for the Footballer of the Year award.
Is it too much to ask to have a single pundit that isn't in the pocket of the big six? Even those who were lauded for lambasting the super league like Gary Neville are back to this attitude of superiority now it's been brushed under the carpet. At least it makes the victory even sweeter :042:

Is it too much to ask to have a single pundit that isn't in the pocket of the big six? Even those who were lauded for lambasting the super league like Gary Neville are back to this attitude of superiority now it's been brushed under the carpet. At least it makes the victory even sweeter :042:

Yeah, one thing that frustrated me with the coverage of the match was that the pundits kept saying things like 'there's a question over a handball in the build up' - but not actually addressing that, despite hitting his hand, it hit his leg first and (I believe) that's no longer considered a handball at close range.

Every single ****ing week Garth Crooks is offering players to the big six. I think this week he says "Kalvin Phillips looks like a Liverpool Player"

Garth - **** off please chap.

Also, for those of us watching on the TV - I thought the Chilwell 'goal' was horrifically difficult to understand what was happening. They didn't show the offside lines in the live coverage, in fact at one point they were showing the decision on the screen at the stadium - having not shown it on the TV!

Then when the ref awarded the offside, they had a close up on the ref. You could see he was pointing, but I had no idea where - it could have been to the centre circle! Terrifying!

Having watched the clip of Youri's goal at least 75671 times, I have to give the commentary to BT Sport. I watched on BBC to avoid the adverts and Glenn Hoddle, but hearing Robbie Savage scream as it goes in really sells the moment. Meanwhile on BBC you had Jermaine Jenas sitting there silent like a prick.

"Tielemans... lining one up... OOOOH! And what a goal! What a brilliant goal by Youri Tielemans! And the Leicester city fans go absolutely potty!"

I normally don't have much time for football on telly and the modern partridgesque commentary, but those words will live with me to my deathbead.

Also, for those of us watching on the TV - I thought the Chilwell 'goal' was horrifically difficult to understand what was happening. They didn't show the offside lines in the live coverage, in fact at one point they were showing the decision on the screen at the stadium - having not shown it on the TV!

Then when the ref awarded the offside, they had a close up on the ref. You could see he was pointing, but I had no idea where - it could have been to the centre circle! Terrifying!

Yeah it wasn't all that clear where/how VAR was looking at it.

The moment they pulled it back though you could see the offside.

I've got a Chelsea mate who congratulate us but then complained about being robbed by VAR

the offside was completely right. I didn't even notice the Ayoze ball to hand at the time but apparently that's the rule. So nothing to complain about.

Chelsea weren't robbed by VAR. The officials made the right calls using VAR. VAR didn't rob Chelsea; VAR prevented us from being robbed. Long live VAR.

VAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670