Pre Match Leicester City Vs Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under the heading "Are Leicester less detestable this season" by a Villa journalist he spouts this:-

Leicester this season are a completely different side. They are almost likable. Okay, not quite, but the fact is, Leicester are far less detestable than they were last season.

For all us journalists, the fear of being called an ostrich is over, because Nigel Pearson was sacked at the end of the season! As Leicester manager, most of us thought that Pearson was a d**k, and he was sacked for disagreeing with the owner's decision to sack Nigel Pearson's son for being a racist sex fiend, so, calling the family Pearson D**k's is kinda justified. After his dismissal, Leicester appointed Claudio Ranieri as manager, a well respected journeyman in football management.

In Blaarev's words. Nice
Nice

Very interesting match this. It could well be our first proper indication of what Ranieri is made of tactically.

The selection will be challenging for him. If I were him, I'd also fiddle with the formation. Do what the opposition aren't expecting. Especially against a thick as pig shit coach like Sherwood.

I'd go 3-4-3 (switching sides for Albrighton and Mahrez to confuse them) and go for them from the start.

Schmeichel

De Laet Huth Morgan

Albrighton Kante Drinkwater Schlupp

Vardy Okazaki Mahrez

About time we saw Ranieri's proper tactics. The way we setup and tonked Sunderland, closed the game out at West Ham, and dug in at Bournemouth was all that other bloke.

About time we saw Ranieri's proper tactics. The way we setup and tonked Sunderland, closed the game out at West Ham, and dug in at Bournemouth was all that other bloke.

Apart from putting another midfield in against Bournemouth, he's not set up a team specifically for the opposition yet. That's something Ranieri is well known for doing at other clubs.

Generally, this approach will be most useful when we play the stronger sides, but I do think that you can totally wrong foot most bog standard Premier League teams simply by doing what they don't expect you to do. Villa are ripe candidates for that.

The one thing I don't want to see us do is continue to play the same each match as all it does is prepare the opposition for facing us.

Apart from putting another midfield in against Bournemouth, he's not set up a team specifically for the opposition yet. That's something Ranieri is well known for doing at other clubs.

Generally, this approach will be most useful when we play the stronger sides, but I do think that you can totally wrong foot most bog standard Premier League teams simply by doing what they don't expect you to do. Villa are ripe candidates for that.

The one thing I don't want to see us do is continue to play the same each match as all it does is prepare the opposition for facing us.

I would take completely the opposite approach and play the same way for all games (modified for away games) bar about 6 teams.

Changing the personnel and formation every game invariably results in an unsettled and unbalanced team.

It also leaves the players with the question in their mind of 'even if I have a great game today I might not play next week' - which, again I think gives out the wrong message to our squad.

I would kill all of the players and staff and build houses on the pitch. Each home would have the smallest gardens ever designed on a new build and there would be no provision for utilities like gas and electricity.

Every resident would be required to learn all Mongolic languages and stick to a strict diet of lentils and fine fillet steak wrapped in dried dung.

That'd catch the bastards out, imagine Timothy Shearwoodians face

I might be mistaken but really Aston Villa aren't that good are they?

I might be mistaken but really Aston Villa aren't that good are they?

No, they are shit

Stick to what we do best, and we'll dick all over them

We changed our whole approach to the game against Spurs, and ended up playing like turd. Don't do it again

I can see Inler and Kante being in the starting line up now, and I hope they are. Other than that, not too much to change.

Kasper
RDL
Morgan
Hugh
Schlupp

Mahrez
Inler
Kante
Albrighton

Shinji
Vardy

I can see Inler and Kante being in the starting line up now, and I hope they are. Other than that, not too much to change.

Kasper
RDL
Morgan
Hugh
Schlupp

Mahrez
Inler
Kante
Albrighton

Shinji
Vardy

This team, I agree on King and Drinkwater.

No, they are shit

Stick to what we do best, and we'll dick all over them

We changed our whole approach to the game against Spurs, and ended up playing like turd. Don't do it again
Nowt to do with the weather, then?

Yay, real football returns and should be another 3 points.

Can possibly see a 3 man midfield for this one with Kante & Inler but don't think he will want to drop King as he's been solid for us so far and not really done anything to deserve being dropped.

We should really be looking to win this one. Attack with tempo and pace and defend as a unit. Villa to win 2-1. Two break away goals and a sending off for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669