Pre Match Leicester City Vs Chelsea FA Cup Quarter Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have gone to Marbella not Benidorm like you

I'm not the Benidorm type to be honest. But if you're thinking Marbella is in some way classy I'm sorry to burst your bubble.
Former playground of retired gangsters during the days of non-extradition & just up the road from Torremolinos (Torr-ay-moll-ee-noss!!) which was Benidorm before Benidorm was Benidorm.

I'm not the Benidorm type to be honest. But if you're thinking Marbella is in some way classy I'm sorry to burst your bubble.
Former playground of retired gangsters during the days of non-extradition & just up the road from Torremolinos (Torr-ay-moll-ee-noss!!) which was Benidorm before Benidorm was Benidorm.
But did the coke snorting strippers leave for Benidorm?

With Chelsea being beaten tonight I think our job just got a whole lot harder. It’s all they have to play for now and won’t want to be knocked out of two competitions in the same week.

It's happened to plenty of teams before though.

You're right though, I was hoping they'd be more humiliated by Barca or take it all the way through extra time and penalties. But we still have every chance

I welcome the optimism but our record against Chelsea is awful. One win in fifteen matches between us.

Going out of the Champions League means that they have to put everything into this match as it's the only trophy they can win now.

Chelsea have been in five of the last eleven FA Cup finals. We've not progressed beyond this stage since 1982.

In the league game at our place in September, Shakespeare totally failed to prepare his team for the formation used by Chelsea. I'm hopeful (as was evidenced at Stamford Bridge) that Puel will have a better plan prepared.

If our two top class players are on form, we have a chance. A very slim one. I hope we have a high tempo and are physical with them. If we piss about, they'll just out-play us.

I welcome the optimism but our record against Chelsea is awful. One win in fifteen matches between us.

Going out of the Champions League means that they have to put everything into this match as it's the only trophy they can win now.

Chelsea have been in five of the last eleven FA Cup finals. We've not progressed beyond this stage since 1982.

In the league game at our place in September, Shakespeare totally failed to prepare his team for the formation used by Chelsea. I'm hopeful (as was evidenced at Stamford Bridge) that Puel will have a better plan prepared.

If our two top class players are on form, we have a chance. A very slim one. I hope we have a high tempo and are physical with them. If we piss about, they'll just out-play us.

Well they certainly didn't outplay us a few weeks ago at their place. In fact we were the better team

They're a pale shadow of the team they were last season - truly awful on occasions

We are going to dick them, good and proper

#winthecupwithhomer

Lawro you complete bastard!

I thought Chelsea played pretty well in Barcelona, and if they repeat that standard I fear they will be too good for us. They created some good chances, and only really lost because they have a bow-legged giraffe for a goalkeeper. Hopefully the Chelsea that got humped by Bournemouth and Watford not so long ago turns up instead.

I was at Stamford Bridge and we took the piss for most of the game.

Hopefully our boring style will suit this game and they'll give up after 70 minutes of it.

Absolutely agree with your last line.

Obviously Puel is trying to evolve our style - and I think rightly so. But Chelsea are better at that than us. So let's get stuck into them, high tempo, quick closing down, keep things tight and break with pace. Don't hoof it long - just get the ball forward quickly when we can.

Have we ever been to Wembley twice in a season?
Can’t help thinking that it entirely unfair that Tottenham get to play a cup semi final and possibly a final at what is effectively their hone ground. No wonder the FA Cup seems to be considered a 2nd rate competition.

How bad is the snow in Leicester?

Pretty bad out here in NW Leicestershire

Not that bad main roads are clear . Thin covering on side streets . Just needs to get above freezing. Any threat to the game would be the approach pavements are icy .

Can’t help thinking that it entirely unfair that Tottenham get to play a cup semi final and possibly a final at what is effectively their hone ground. No wonder the FA Cup seems to be considered a 2nd rate competition.

It’s ridiculous. Man U would never have played a semi-final at Old Trafford. Isn’t that the point of a neutral venue.

Sky Sports just said last 3 times we played Chelsea in the FA cup; they beat us and went on to win the cup.
Time to buck that shitty trend.

It seems Derby v Cardiff has been cancelled due to a frozen pitch. You'd think Pride Park would have underfloor heating wouldn't you? Presumably this match is too important to cancel.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Article I pulled up says roads outside are unsafe, like they were when our game at Portman Road went ahead regardless a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3774
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3962
7Hull City3859
8Coventry City3858