Leicester Legends Reunite For Charity Spectacular

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevewalshwasgod

Leicester Legends Reunite For Charity Spectacular

0,,10274~357197,00.jpg
A Walkers charity football match involving former Leicester City legends and celebrities will take place at the Walkers Stadium on Sunday, April 29 (3pm).
The match, in aid of Bliss - the premature baby charity, is expected to attract a bumper crowd on the afternoon with organisers hopeful that ex-City chief and current Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill will agree to manage the Legends squad.
The likes of Muzzy Izzet (pictured), Matt Elliott, Gerry Taggart, Emile Heskey, Ian Walker, Tony Cottee, Frank Sinclair, Les Ferdinand, Garry Parker, Simon Grayson, Steve Guppy, Trevor Benjamin, Jordan Stewart, Andrew Impey, Ade Akinbiyi, Ben Thatcher, Stef Oakes, Paul Dickov and Pontus Kamark have all been invited to turn out for 'O'Neill's Legends'.
Meanwhile, the Walkers All-Stars side will consist of Walkers employees as well as a selection of local, national and international celebrities.
0,,10274~3171658,00.jpg
Organisers are hoping to acquire the services of Serge and Tom from Leicester's very own Kasabian, Soccer AM presenter Tim Lovejoy, former Leicester Tigers, England and British Lions duo Martin Johnson and Austin Healey, Dean Gaffney, Michael Greco plus many more.
"This should prove to be a fantastic afternoon of entertainment for a worthy cause and we are grateful to Leicester City for allowing us to stage the event," said organiser Layla Whiting.
"The interest has been immense and we have been overwhelmed with the response from some of the club's former players who have been delighted to lend their support."
Half-time entertainment will include a cross bar challenge with former Foxes manager Micky Adams and assistant Alan Cork while there is also an exclusive raffle planned.
Only 100 raffle tickets are available at a cost of £100 each with the winner gaining the chance to play 45 minutes as part of the City Legends team.
Tickets go on sale from Tuesday, April 10 and are available from the Walkers Stadium Ticket Office.
They are priced at £10 for adults and £5 for children or a family ticket (two adults, three children) costs £20.
Go to: www.bliss.org.uk

Half-time entertainment will include a cross bar challenge with former Foxes manager Micky Adams and assistant Alan Cork

noose.jpg

Should be a good day. Much rather watch that than the ****ing bollox I'm gonna have to watch tomorrow

Should be a good day. Much rather watch that than the ****ing bollox I'm gonna have to watch tomorrow

Why put yourself through it Melts:102: . I suggest taking a couple of cans and relaxing in the countryside on whats forecast as a warm sunny day. Relax enjoy a beer and then catch the result later on. That way you will have a lovely afternoon and will only need to endure two seconds of pain rather than two hours.:icon_wink

Why put yourself through it Melts:102: . I suggest taking a couple of cans and relaxing in the countryside on whats forecast as a warm sunny day. Relax enjoy a beer and then catch the result later on. That way you will have a lovely afternoon and will only need to endure two seconds of pain rather than two hours.:icon_wink
I don't know BB, I feel compelled to keep going just to make sure it's as bad as the week before

I don't know BB, I feel compelled to keep going just to make sure it's as bad as the week before

But then there will be a danger that you will leave the ground in a mellow manner after city play an half decent game. Remember don't let anything distract you from the ultimate goal....... Kelly out. We need your anger Melts:icon_wink

But then there will be a danger that you will leave the ground in a mellow manner after city play an half decent game. Remember don't let anything distract you from the ultimate goal....... Kelly out. We need your anger Melts:icon_wink
If we play bad and lose I'll be grumpy. If we play bad and win I'll be grumpy because the cracks would have been wallpapered over again and Kelly will remain in charge. If we play well and win I'll be grumpy because the "He hasn't had any money brigade" will reappear spouting random Kelly worshipping claptrap

If we play bad and lose I'll be grumpy. If we play bad and win I'll be grumpy because the cracks would have been wallpapered over again and Kelly will remain in charge. If we play well and win I'll be grumpy because the "He hasn't had any money brigade" will reappear spouting random Kelly worshipping claptrap

I've now established what your favourite Mr Man character would be Melts:biggrin:

I've now established what your favourite Mr Man character would be Melts:biggrin:
So has my family, and I have plenty of socks, boxer shorts, cups and badges to back up their theory :icon_lol:

Very apt at Easter. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670