Leicester Legends - Thurs 23rd June (Curve Theatre - 7.30pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boleynkid

There are still some good seats to be had for next week's show at the Curve which will feature Matt Elliott, Steve Walsh, Gerry Taggart, Tony Cottee & host Alan Birchenall indulging in a night of nostalgia. They will be re-living the glory years, when trips to Wembley were commonplace, and basically discussing all things City.

Tickets are priced at £14.50, £18.50 & £22.50 and can be purchased from the box office on 0116 242 3595 or online at www.curveonline.co.uk

I think we all do too much of that.

Time to move on. The future is what counts now :icon_wink

I don't understand how you can write about the future except as science fiction. Only four years ago Milan had taken over, Martin Allen was our new manager and we had a striking partnership of the "awesome" Carl Cort and DJ Campbell. . How could anyone have looked into the future and foreseen relegation, Sven as manager and ownership by a Thai retail company.

The present is created by the past. I am a Leicester fan because in 1968 I chose promotion here rather than in Nottingham - if it had gone the other way I would have been a Forest fan through the Clough years. No doubt Spion there was something in your past that made you a football fan and made Leicester City your club; many perople seem to have gone with their dad as children making Leicester City part of their family history.

It is the recent past that led to Leicester playing at the Walkers and no doubt Filbert Street being nearby influenced the location. It is because of the past that Leicester play in blue and it was in the 1920s that Leicester became a City. Even the fact that the club is called Leicester goes back to the distant past. The fact that football is played with eleven a side rather than say fifteen as in rugby that there is an offside rule and that goalkeepers handle the ball (or in the case of Spider Kalac don't)'

It is no surprise that Leicester City is its past; everything is its past. Where you live has its past; there is a remarkable history in street names in Leicester (Batten Street, Every Street and the confusing Applegate). I am my past just as you are Spion and so is every member of this forum.

Matt Elliot Steve Walsh and Tony Cottee are part of Leicester City and I look forward to seeing them.

£20+ for a ticket is a bit steep to see a few has-beens not even kicking a ball.
For that sort of money I would want to watch a full team of great players such as Real Madrid for instance. :icon_wink

I don't understand how you can write about the future except as science fiction.

I said the future is what counts now. I'm talking about plans and ambitions and yes, dreams. It doesn't always work out but as long as you do what you can and have a plan then you will start on the right track.

Matt Elliot Steve Walsh and Tony Cottee are part of Leicester City and I look forward to seeing them.

Good for you.

Speaking of which i did win two tickets for this which are supposed to be collected from the Box Office. The Box office have no record of this. Is it worth me turning up Mr Boleynkid?

Last edited:
Speaking of which i did win two tickets for this which are supposed to be collected from the Box Office. The Box office have no record of this. Is it worth me turning up Mr Boleynkid?

Everything is in hand Lazzer. PM is on its way to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669