Leicester Lunch Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lako42

Going into Leicester for the dreaded xmas shop tomorrow, I know many restaurants do good early bird or 2-4-1 deals at lunch time or before 6 type things, any recommendations for a nice bite to eat?

Can be chain restaurants or any good local places.

Cheers in advance

McDonald's have a good offer on, have a large meal and you get a shit 'retro' glass. Is that the kind of thing or slightly downmarket? It can get a bit busy around lunchtimes.

Only a student could suggest that :icon_bigg

While I've got mushy peas and Bovril left in the cupboard, I don't need to eat the glass just yet.

If you're just after something quite light, Croques on Loseby Lane is brilliant. They do baguettes, paninis, melts, salads and jacket potatoes, all fairly cheap and all really nice. Its always busy whenever I go past.

http://www.croques.co.uk/menu/lunch/

Have you tried the Kings Lock Tea Rooms? I've seen someone recommend it somewhere before........

Last edited:
Apparently, "All our melts are three layers of fresh bred, " :icon_bigg

I know for a fact that they genetically engineer all of their bread on site, don't believe all this fresh bred nonsense - it's notoriously hard to get two loaves to get down and dirty, they're a bit like pandas.

Croques is nice, just avoid going in between 1 and 2 o'clock as you'll struggle for a seat and queue for a good 10 minutes. Their wraps are very good.

Most of the restaurants do an express meal for lunch time - Cafe Rouge, Bistro Piere etc. Usually 2 courses for 7 or 8 quid.

For pub food, the Slug & Lettuce is probably the best value (when you have a voucher, anyway. Mondays are always half price).

Pizza express usually has some sort of offer on too. There's one in St Martin's Square.

Thanks for the suggestions people, ended up in las iguanas and had a great meal.

Forgot about this place initially but I really think for a high st chain it offers some very different and very good food for similar prices to the likes of Bella Italia etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566