Leicester Players at World Cup 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vardy had the unfortunate experience of playing up front when England decided not to bother trying to score any more goals.

Maguire plays everyone onside for their goal

V. Poor

Of course you’re making the assumption that Maguire was wrong there, not that the rest of the team had already decided the game was over.
Stones didn’t track his man at all for that goal.
But yes. Maguire was playing them all onside.

Shinji's on and already doing Shinji things. Played a big part in their equaliser without touching the ball

I'd have given him an assist for getting in the way of the Senegal keeper (and one for Maguire for the wrestling match before Lord Harry's first pen).

I'd have given him an assist for getting in the way of the Senegal keeper (and one for Maguire for the wrestling match before Lord Harry's first pen).

I’m assuming Maguire has one assist at the World Cup already? He definitely assisted Kane for the second in the Tunisia match but I haven’t seen it confirmed anywhere

Maguire has looked exactly like what he is at this world cup. Great with the ball at his feet and capable of starting quick moves, but with higher risk comes he potential to lose the ball out of position.
Our left is stifled by Young having to come in field so Maguire can't play any triangles and knock him in behind the full back which he was doing for Bertrand in the friendlies with success. He's limited to balls inside now or going himself
The three at the back need to tighten up defensively but will only really be tested when up against a team with lots of possession. Against Brazil and Germany before wc we showed we can shut out high quality sides with a 3 at the back inc Maguire so they should have confidence from that.
Vardy is only there in case Kane is injured IMO. Southgate hasn't geared the side to play fast paced football into the channels or to switch tactics if Kane isn't working. That said I think there will be a point in the round of 16 or qtr final where Vardy and Rashford could be our key weapons. Southgate will need to have the balls to get them in the game when the time comes!

Panama tried to mainly attacked down the left, I think they did this because Maguire isn't the best defender of the back three and he doesn't have a natural defender in front of him. Playing Young could be the undoing of the defence, Bertrand should definately have been taken and be playing.

The defensive issue I saw was Walker and Trippier between them, more than once, not picking up the extra player. Harry’s doing great.

The defensive issue I saw was Walker and Trippier between them, more than once, not picking up the extra player. Harry’s doing great.

Unfortunately you can pick holes all through the defence and it will be the eventual downfall of us in the tournament.

In the meantime I reckon Harry is doing ****ing excellently in his 1st ever World Cup.

Ffs he's only just managed to break into the international scene and yet he's considered good enough by his manager.

Get behind the lad.

Unfortunately you can pick holes all through the defence and it will be the eventual downfall of us in the tournament.

In the meantime I reckon Harry is doing ****ing excellently in his 1st ever World Cup.

Ffs he's only just managed to break into the international scene and yet he's considered good enough by his manager.

Get behind the lad.
Excellent post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572