Leicester Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEN3

Poor old Tigers, couldn't quite do it today. Hope everyone noticed their passion and desire to win for the club - what a shining example to our footballers!! If only we had a Martin Johnson - fighting/scrambling for everyone ball even though he's won everything there is to win in the game, not just collecting a pay packet. Look forward to seeing them at the Walkers!!

Some quotes from a Tigers site:

Are you tigers fans really serious! I thought i was the only fan in the stadium! Where was the chanting? The Swing low! It was certainly not in my corner for sure! Then when voicing our opinion we got dirty looks from the other "supporters" infront of us!

I thought we were one big happy family of tigers supporters but we certainly didn't support the team when we were losing.

How many tigers supporters were actually there! i thought our chanting would out number the french! i was wrong they were much more loud was i the only tiger supporter ready to shout and has everyone else lost there voice?

Sounded like there was more noise down the local than at the stadium!

Sad !!! WAT HAPPENED TO THE CROWD! IT SEEMS AS IF NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE TIGERS. ME N ME M8S WERE SHOUTIN R HEADS OFF. SHOIWNG R SUPPORT 4 THE LADS, BUT WAT HAPPENED TO THE REST OF YOU! URE ALL A LET DOWN (SORI IF U DID SHOUT NOT AIMED AT U). WE MITE AS WELL OF NOT TURNED UP Exclamation AND TO TOP IT OFF WE WAS BEIN GIVEN EVIL AND NASTY LOOKS FROM PEOPLE AROUND US FOR SHOUTIN. BUT Y GO 2 A RUGBY MATCH AND SIT IN SILENCE!!!!! IM A SOOO DISAPPOITNED WITH THE FANS, I THOUGHT WE WERE SUPPOSE TO STICK TOGETHER AND UNITE NOT REDICULE EACH OTHER FOR SHOWING SUM PASSION AND SUPPORT FOR A TEAM WE FEEL SO STRONGLY ABOUT!!!

They trundled around the field to each breakdown, they didnt close down Toulouse attackers fast enough and for part of the game let them run straight through them. The longer the match went on the less passion they seemed to have, and I cant see why!

It was Totally apparent that the noise level created by the Tigers fans was at best pretty insignificant compared to what has been heard before at the stadium and visually the club colours were on long shots undetectable. Look at photos of the football crowds and even on cold days there is a massive blue covering even a smattering in the 'prawn sandwich areas'.

We had the numbers and it could have been an amazing atmosphere, but to be honest with you it was embarrassing!! There must have been around 30,000 tigers supporters ( who are usually renowned for there support) and the noise and encouragement was non-existent in the second half!!

gingerfox said:
If those tigers fans thought the atmosphere was pretty crap today they should try coming to one of our games.

To be fair Webbo has picked up a totally one-sided set of posts from the Tigers forum... there's a lot of positives regarding atmosphere and the stadium on there too

EMC Fox said:
gingerfox said:
If those tigers fans thought the atmosphere was pretty crap today they should try coming to one of our games.

To be fair Webbo has picked up a totally one-sided set of posts from the Tigers forum... there's a lot of positives regarding atmosphere and the stadium on there too

I deliberately picked the quotes I did to show that some Tigers fans moan about exactly the same things that people here moan about. So maybe we're not that different.

webmaster said:
EMC Fox said:
gingerfox said:

I deliberately picked the quotes I did to show that some Tigers fans moan about exactly the same things that people here moan about. So maybe we're not that different.

No maybe about it... ;-)

IMO the turning point was Moody going off at half time with his injury. In the 1st half, Michelak was under pressure all the time from Moody and didn't have time to set the play and get Toulouse out of their own half for any period of time.

In the 2nd half because Deacon had moved to the back row, we didn't have pressure on Michelak and he was able to kick for territory and had time to set up his fellow backs who basically ripped us to shreds.

IMO the turning point was Moody going off at half time with his injury. In the 1st half, Michelak was under pressure all the time from Moody and didn't have time to set the play and get Toulouse out of their own half for any period of time.

In the 2nd half because Deacon had moved to the back row, we didn't have pressure on Michelak and he was able to kick for territory and had time to set up his fellow backs who basically ripped us to shreds.

www.leicestertigers.com ;-)

Semper Eadem said:

www.leicestertigers.com ;-)

fair point. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572