Leicester til I Die - What B*llocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandler

Banned
The idea that fans really do commit themselves for life to a footie team is almost as absurd as the idea that the majority of people actually commit themselves to marriage. They don't.

Leicester's fans (including you lot this on this forum) are notoriously fickle. That is because our city (and county) is only of a moderate size, has a weak identity and doesn't have an obvious chip on its shoulder.

Leicester or no, football fans are, at the end of the day, consumers, consumers of high level entertainment and, for the lucky few, glory. Don't believe me? Just look at the projected gates of a club of our size if it were to plummet through the divisions.

Premiership average gate - 30,000
Championship average gate - 20,000
League One average gate - 15,000
League Two average gate - 7,500

At its most conservative that would suggest that 75% of the self styled 'Leicester til I die' hardcore would no longer be interested in this forum or the club (ie actually go to matches) should we experience two further relegations.

And Homer, Billy Boy, Step et al I know exactly who these faint hearts would be!

The idea that fans really do commit themselves for life to a footie team is almost as absurd as the idea that the majority of people actually commit themselves to marriage. They don't.

Leicester's fans (including you lot this on this forum) are notoriously fickle. That is because our city (and county) is only of a moderate size, has a weak identity and doesn't have an obvious chip on its shoulder.

Leicester or no, football fans are, at the end of the day, consumers, consumers of high level entertainment and, for the lucky few, glory. Don't believe me? Just look at the projected gates of a club of our size if it were to plummet through the divisions.

At its most conservative that would suggest that 75% of the self styled 'Leicester til I die' hardcore would no longer be interested in this forum or the club (ie actually go to matches) should we experience two further relegations.

And Homer, Billy Boy, Step et al I know exactly who these faint hearts would be!

you stupid twat is all i can think of

Chandler, you converse from your anus my friend ! I AM Leicester till I die, am NOT fickle, Oh and have also just celebrated my silver wedding anniverssary, Nuff said me thinks :!:

reaction for reaction sake is not worth the effort of a structured response

Don't be too hard on him Lazzer,look at the time he posted it after a heavy night on the 'Spritzers'.I know you like a statistic or two though Chandler,how about this one 99% of what you post is absolute bullshit.

highland fox said:
Don't be too hard on him Lazzer,look at the time he posted it after a heavy night on the 'Spritzers'.I know you like a statistic or two though Chandler,how about this one 99% of what you post is absolute bullshit.

No. I think he posts the additional 1%.

highland fox said:

lack of sleep makes him an angry young man :roll:

260,000 Greeks cannot be wrong.

Chandler said:

something tells me you wouldn't know exactly, my guess you don't know everyone on the site that well to know!

also just because there would be some drop in attendance, does not mean most of the people on the forum would stop going. I ask myself one question, Do you know what your talking about?

A case of talkingballs at it's most severe.

To question the loyalty of fans who are obviously committed to football clubs is absurd! How much money do people throw in, how much time do people give away, how much effort do people put in? The answer is a great deal. Yes, there are a small minority of football fans that are fickle, that happens in all walks of life though. Many people will not be going this year because of vfm. £22 to watch Preston is asking a lot I think. No matter how committed you are as a fan, if the team doesn't produce and you are expected to pay lots of money to watch a lack of production it tests even the most loyal of fans (just ask my dad......)

mad biker said:
Chandler, you converse from your anus my friend ! I AM Leicester till I die, am NOT fickle, Oh and have also just celebrated my silver wedding anniverssary, Nuff said me thinks :!:

Over 40 years a fan since much loved and remembered training nights with George Dewis and company.

Some great moments, some football that made me wince but change or lose interest if we're relegated once or twice???

I don't think so. Whatever you've taken has addled your mind.

Not much i can say after all these replies. Other than this Chandler guy must be some kind of coward if he isnt going to defend himself. Or as Highland Fox says a heavy night on the Spritzers. whih has now resulted in a free stay at the Royal Infirmary having his stomach pumped :lol:

I cannot believe this guy near enough every post is some sort of insult or criticism of everybodys loyalty to the club, whilst i dont always agree with everybody's point of view I do tend to respect it for what it is a valued opinion that is until you post ......Chandler.

Defend myself, Defend MYSELF? If there's any defending to do around here that's for you lot to do. Not one of you has even attempted to counter my argument that most of you lot are nothing more than fickle sports consuming junkies and that boo boys generally are the first to turn their back on the club when their real support is needed most.

At least Dannyboy acknowledges his guilt - about time the rest of you put up or shut up.

PS F*CK OFF B*LLOCKS YOU'RE A C*NT is not an argument.

ok chandler i will humour you for a while ,on what do you base your statement that the majority of posters on here are not loyal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566