Pre Match Leicester v AEK

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his five appearances in the EL group stage, Iheanacho has played a total of 322 minutes.

In that time, he has scored 3 goals and has 3 assists. That is one every 54 minutes.

Only two players have had a greater goal involvement overall with 7 - Yazici (Lille) and Pizzi (Benfica). That's across 120 matches.

But of course, he's total shit and should never play for us again.

In his five appearances in the EL group stage, Iheanacho has played a total of 322 minutes.

In that time, he has scored 3 goals and has 3 assists. That is one every 54 minutes.

Only two players have had a greater goal involvement overall with 7 - Yazici (Lille) and Pizzi (Benfica). That's across 120 matches.

Bit of column A, bit of column B.

Could we improve on him? Of course. Is he frustrating? Absofuckinglutely. Is it worth spending X million on a replacement who still won’t be fit to lace Vardy’s boots? Probably not for now. He takes some of the burden off Vardy over the course of a very long season and everyone involved seems quite happy in the knowledge that he’ll never be the number one choice but he’ll earn a wedge and start in the cups.

It’s not FIFA, we can’t just **** him off and get a better one. Anyone saying ‘he should never play for us again’ is being silly. Same goes for Perez.

Tough team to pick this one. We should aim to top the group but we have so many games lined up.

I think I’d go strong at this:

Kasper

Fofana
Evans
Justin

Thomas
Albrighton

Tielemans
Ndidi
Praet

Nacho
Barnes

Tough team to pick this one. We should aim to top the group but we have so many games lined up.

I think I’d go strong at this:

Kasper

Fofana
Evans
Justin

Thomas
Albrighton

Tielemans
Ndidi
Praet

Nacho
Barnes

There really shouldn't be any need. Athens are out and have nothing to play for. I've already read that they might only be sending their reserves/kids over for this match. They will certainly not be anything like as strong as they were at their place.

He is terrible. He shouldn't be anywhere near our squad but he is because needs must.

I couldn't care less about the ones he's shinned in or the 'assists' which have come off his bell-end, his lack of consistency and brain is astounding. Today he couldn't control a simple pass. Several times he turned into trouble and then watched as the ball was taken from him far too easily.

For every game he's shown a glimpse of anything decent, there are another 10 where he's been laughable.

It is a shame. In those very rare glimpses, there has been the odd spark to ignite hope..... then he trips over his own feet and it all goes away again.

A special mention for those saying Vardy had a bad game. He scored one and was unlucky with another one to almost knock down the post.

His link up play was brilliant, very often bringing others into the game, I really can’t see what he did wrong other than over run one pass.

He barely got the ball and was coming deep to get it, when this happens his effectiveness is blunted considerably.

Maddison however needs new boots. Some of his contributions were brilliant but **** me his dead ball play is effective in about 2 out of 10 times!

A special mention for those saying Vardy had a bad game. He scored one and was unlucky with another one to almost knock down the post.

His link up play was brilliant, very often bringing others into the game, I really can’t see what he did wrong other than over run one pass.

He barely got the ball and was coming deep to get it, when this happens his effectiveness is blunted considerably.

Maddison however needs new boots. Some of his contributions were brilliant but **** me his dead ball play is effective in about 2 out of 10 times!
2 in 10 is generous

Please play Perez through the middle Brendog, you massive wanker.

For me, this is key to understanding Vardy's game. He thrives off those 2 or 3 occasions when he is put in on goal, and in those situations he is effective. That he rarely gets the ball is neither here nor there, he's always looking for it, making runs.

Yesterday's goal case in point; watch it again, Vardy starts his run before Madison makes the pass. Madison gets the credits for making it (justifiably) but don't forget it was Vardy that saw the opportunity. That's what Vardy does all game long, he looks for those chances.That they don't materialise most of the time is not down to him, and more importantly neither does it dampen his spirits. The guy's constant, leads by example and often (as yesterday) our saviour.

Oh, and he must be an absolute nightmare to defend against, because he is always looking, always hovering, always making those runs. A defender can't switch off.

Play a strong team with a few of the first choice on the bench just in case. We need to win the group to avoid a team dropping out of the CL for as long as possible.

According to the Wikipedia page, Europa League group winners could face the third placed teams from groups A, C, E or G. That said, if we don't get someone from the Champions League, it'd be better to face a group runner-up rather than a winner

Why are we all scared of the big teams?

Based on our league form so far, I’d rather play them than the utter shite.

According to the Wikipedia page, Europa League group winners could face the third placed teams from groups A, C, E or G. That said, if we don't get someone from the Champions League, it'd be better to face a group runner-up rather than a winner
As it stands, that's RB Salzburg, Olympiakos, Krasnodar or Dinamo Kevin

Why are we all scared of the big teams?

Based on our league form so far, I’d rather play them than the utter shite.
I guess the further we can progress while using the squad rather than tiring out the better players, the more chance we have of going all the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363