Match Thread Leicester v Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we've done ok. We definitely look a hell of a lot stronger defensively with Huth, Albrighton and Okazaki back but are lacking that cutting edge of last season.

From the direction the ball went I suspect the defender got the ball. Definitely tough for the ref to give it

HT 0-0.

That's more like it. Should have had the penalty and not too happy with some of Clattenberg's 'advantage' decisions when we might have been better off with the free kick. Can't fault them so far, the effort is there, we've not had too much to cheer going forward but we started edging our way into the game later in the half and created a few decent chances. Just got to keep it solid, the defending has been decent so far.

From the direction the ball went I suspect the defender got the ball. Definitely tough for the ref to give it

He got nowhere near it. Was as clear a penalty as you're ever likely to see.

Looked like a penalty for me.

Otherwise an ok first half. We're not yet up to full speed and arsenal still look more likely to score,

Looked a pen to me, but I'm sat square on to it, so would be interested to see what it looked like on TV.

Howard Webb felt differently
But at least it was a better end to the half and we were creating chances. Some over hit balls today and some falling over too.
Sanchez getting on my nerves again making sure the ref booked Mendy.
Want to see him on his arse after a Huth tackle in the second half please.

TV replays are inconclusive. Looks like Drinkwater plays it onto the defender to me. Definitely not "nowhere near it." If it was the other way around I would be saying it was a good decision by the ref.

The bloke sat behind me is clearly not a lifelong City fan. Nothing wrong with that, per se, but listening to him is painful.
"Wow, Vardy's quick, isn't he?" - as if this is some sort of revelation.
"Sit down Wenger" - it was Ranieri who was stood up.
DD gives ball away - "Who's number 4? He gives the ball away a bit"
Etc etc.

Thought it was a clear pen but on the replays at half time when it's zoomed in, looks like Kpscielny may have got the ball. I was sure it was a pen.

Looking much better than last week. Still not at full sharpness I think but getting there. Think Mendy looks tidy enough but isn't quite on the same wavelength as the others yet. He'll get there.

Much happier with that. Goal could come at either end but felt like that a lot last year too! Koscielny will get tired and sloppier and then we may find the gap, because they're almost there already. Especially when Musa comes on...
Mahrez working his bollocks off btw. Tracking back and going forward he's getting a lot of the ball

Looked bad for Mendy there

Not King!!! Should be Amartey if Mendy has to come off. King and Drinky should NOT play together

Big shame for Mendy, was looking pretty good. Gonna take time to settle but this could be a setback? Hope it's nothing serious..

Ah shit. King coming on. This central midfield was awful last week. Let's hope it's better today but that's not a good change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669