Match Thread Leicester v Atalanta - PSF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad first half. Need to see more of albrighton.

To buck a tend, I think Choudhury has very been poor. Not first to the ball, passing poor, little movement . Basically everything that we've seen him done before.

Perez could be good this season.

Albrighton is the one not quite involved yet for me. And Ricardo hasn't been as good today yet but then I think he's been pinned back a lot because they're coming down their left a lot.

They look a decent enough side. Good test.

Second half should be easier for us since we're further along in preseason than they are and they're likely to make a lot of subs.

Good article on their fans' site:

Translated by Google:

I keep the image you see in this piece for over 3 years on the PC.

Sometimes I see it by chance browsing the images, sometimes I look for it expressly.

It is one of the murals dedicated to Ranieri's Leicester champion of England in 2016, one of the greatest sporting miracles of all time.

It should have become a film but then nothing more was done and the pragmatism of the locals then did the rest

People like ours, this one from Leicester: pragmatic and with their feet well anchored to the ground. Not for nothing do they excel in rugby, the Leicester Tigers are one of the most titled teams in the English oval ball.

Like so many of us three years ago, the miracle of this medium-sized British team touched me almost to the point of emotion, all the more for the credit ascribable to Ranieri, a good person who had had much less in his career than he deserved.

In that mural I see a memory and a reminder that goes beyond time and remembers that the impossible does not exist, or almost because if it is already difficult to get to win something from "underdogs" (ie from outsiders) a national cup to elimination, triumphing at the end of almost forty championship days against giants boasting 10, 50 times your budget is a company destined to remain forever.

Today we go to class with them even if the teaching will not come from the field of play as much as from the memory of what our opponents did.

Many talk about our Scudetto: I still consider it totally impossible but then I think about Leicester and what they did, I remember Bocelli singing "Nessun Dorma" and then Ranieri raising the cup on the day of their triumph and then I wonder how much it is this meeting was wanted by our management. Because psychologically and emotionally it could have unpredictable implications and then you have never seen that the bar, once raised last year, can disappear completely and make us fly.

Why, let's keep it in mind, winning a Scudetto in Turin boosting the bank account, winning it in Bergamo means tearing it away from Thanatos, at the time that everything is extinguished, and making you live forever in the head of who you have made happy in those moments, com has happened and will succeed Ranieri and his family.

Meanwhile, let's enjoy their nice words to us and then let's enjoy the friendly. To our fans in the stands the advice to make friends with their counterparts and get some tips on the Champions League.

They arrived at the quarter-finals, for us it would be really a lot but a lot of stuff.

Calep

ranierileicester

https://www.atalantini.online/

Perez excellent. Evans excellent. Ricardo excellent. Tielemans and Maddison excellent. That's about it. They're good.

Alan Clarke would not have even got a header in? (think he was our record signing saviour at the time).
the Doog might have scored, Its a hard call?

From watching this game and the last I'm really glad with picking Ricardo for my FPL team.

Maddison and Tielemans always looking for him because anytime they get the ball he's flying down the right and Perez is getting central waiting for the ball in.

Think that could be a big part of our play this year, even more than last season

Very tidy goal. Looked great.

And now Perez scores! He's done very well there. Ghosted past the defender.

Great for him to get his first goal at the KP

Nice goal that.

Perez looks a totally different player to what he was at Newcastle for most of his time. Probably because he gets to go forward as well as doing defensive stuff. Our entire outfield look comfortable defensively and going forward....Probably the plan but it's promising.

I’m going to really love Perez I think.

Same, he looks a really smart buy at the minute. Great movement.

I think playing him on the right cutting in with Pereira going wide of him could make hima great signing.

We can look really good at times.

Our players play like they're enjoying their football.

Not something you could say under Puel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469