Match Thread Leicester v Barnsley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer not to buy into the 'glass half full of piss' view

I'm just saying by half time it will be apparent that it is not a 4-3-3 formation. you might be a optimist but even so you should be able to draw a simple conclusion that we have fielded a very cautious first 11 today

I'm just saying by half time it will be apparent that it is not a 4-3-3 formation. you might be a optimist but even so you should be able to draw a simple conclusion that we have fielded a very cautious first 11 today

Who would you change? Beckford for Dyer is the only one I can think of, and given how ineffective both are, it makes no odds.

Who would you change? Beckford for Dyer is the only one I can think of, and given how ineffective both are, it makes no odds.

Beckford for Wellens or King. Whilst Dyer is far from great, if we're going to persist with at least 4 across the midfield he needs to start. Wellens and King have still yet to show any real form even though Pearson has given them ample opportunity to do so. you only really need to make one change to make that line up more ambitious. Argument for Abe to start with his consistent display in the last few games and whilst he's defensively minded he's distribution is better than Wellens and Wellens slows the game down anyway so swapping those two wouldn't effect our forward momentum.

I'd assume it's Danns, King, Wellens in middle, Gally and Dyer out wide, and the rest are fairly obvious. The old 4-5-1/4-3-3 approach. Don't see the problem with the formation but it's a disappointment that he still persisting with Wellens who hasn't had a decent game for feck knows how long. He's been as bad as Beckford.

Edit: Also I'm concerned that dropping Kennedy and Abe to the bench could be sending out the wrong message, just like during Sven's time here the bigger names get the places regardless of how well they've done when they needed to step in. Both these two did well previously, particularly Abe who has lost his place to an out of sorts player.

Last edited:
Beckford for Wellens or King. Whilst Dyer is far from great, if we're going to persist with at least 4 across the midfield he needs to start. Wellens and King have still yet to show any real form even though Pearson has given them ample opportunity to do so. you only really need to make one change to make that line up more ambitious. Argument for Abe to start with his consistent display in the last few games and whilst he's defensively minded he's distribution is better than Wellens and Wellens slows the game down anyway so swapping those two wouldn't effect our forward momentum.

Dyer has been far and away worse than any other player this season.

Dyer has been far and away worse than any other player this season.

He's our only wide player so if your playing that type of midfield you need wide players. We don't need to boss the midfield, Barnsley have lost 5 of the last 6 it's not as though we're playing a team on fire. We do not need an extra man in the middle.

To be honest I've got vaz te to score first. Wellens is chuff

We're playing Barnsley at home. Never in my life have I ever expected anything other than a home win in this fixture. And i expect it today. Side looks reasonably logical. We haven't got much in the way of attackers and Beckford has been so poor that he doesn't merit a starting place. If he gets on the pitch its down to him to start earning his money. 2-0 Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669