Match Thread Leicester v Brentford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a huge fan of 3 at the back but I guess it makes sense with our lack of attacking width and it should allow Maddison to play central.

Surprised Ward has come straight in despite hardly playing any pre season.

I'd be delighted with a scrappy 1 nil win from this and finishing the game without any more injuries.

****ing hell

Ward and Amartey. Yikes.

And great shout preferring Mendy to Soumare on the bench.

Pessimistic.

Not happy with Amartey playing. And I expected Soumare to at least make the bench.

****ing hell

Ward and Amartey. Yikes.

And great shout preferring Mendy to Soumare on the bench.

Pessimistic.
Amartey is a car crash waiting to happen, at least praet is on the bench he should be starting imo. 4-5-1 again more negativity from BR hope it works out today.

Well I beg to differ. So does our manager.

Stop holding out for a miracle. He's not good enough.
Your constant criticism of certain players, even when it’s not warranted is really ****ing boring. He wasn’t ropey against Sevilla. In an absolute bore fest of a match, where everyone on the pitch was bang average, he came on and was just that. He wasn’t better than anyone else but he certainly wasn’t ropey. For whatever it’s worth, he performed well in pre-season. And any objective person can see that.

Are we winning, without any serious injuries, yet?

That is a completely uninspired lineup from BR. I get that you didn’t get new signings. But you could freshen up the team with the players you do have.

Not my favourite set up but BR’s hands are tied somewhat.

I’m glad Thomas isn’t playing at left wing back because I find him a mind numbingly dull and timid presence in that position. Anything we create will come from deep.

It’s going to be stodgy, hopefully we don’t give them an easy lead because I can’t see that side scoring more than once.

That is a completely uninspired lineup from BR. I get that you didn’t get new signings. But you could freshen up the team with the players you do have.
What would you have played?

Only real question was about the Barnes position. Now, I agree Rodgers appears to have picked that out of a hat…but what other changes?

5-4-1 at home to Brentford on the opening day of the season...

Options limited by injury, but get a second striker in there instead of KDH surely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363