Leicester v burnley 1983

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey - I didn't remember any of that! Quite incredible. Derby fans we're appaling really and I feel quite sorry for Fulham - think they we're hard done by.

Mark Wallington :icon_bigg

I was at the game. Robert Jones had come in for Lineker(injury) in the previous game against Oldham and scored. I always remember a feature in a City programme on the youth internationals that we had - Jones (Wales), Andrews (England), Kelly (Eire), Rennie (Scotland).

Burnley included Lee Dixon and Trevor Steven.

It wasn't a great game, but the atmosphere was amazing. The ground was full to capacity and we all invaded the pitch to celebrate with the players, although we were still awaiting the result of the Derby/Fulham game.

I was at the game. Robert Jones had come in for Lineker(injury) in the previous game against Oldham and scored. I always remember a feature in a City programme on the youth internationals that we had - Jones (Wales), Andrews (England), Kelly (Eire), Rennie (Scotland).

Burnley included Lee Dixon and Trevor Steven.

It wasn't a great game, but the atmosphere was amazing. The ground was full to capacity and we all invaded the pitch to celebrate with the players, although we were still awaiting the result of the Derby/Fulham game.

My Dad told me whilst we were watching it, that there were thousands of fans coming over the bridge, so they thought it was called off, but somehow his father got them into the game. Apparently it was so full you could hardly move!

I worked in Lytham at the time - on my way home we drove passed the Football League headquarters in St Annes - all the reporters were outside so I pulled over to ask one of the journalists if he'd heard anything - " just found out that Leicester are promoted after Fulhams appeal has been turned down " he replied - that was the best trip home from work I've ever had - was it really nearly 30yrs ago - frightening

My Dad told me whilst we were watching it, that there were thousands of fans coming over the bridge, so they thought it was called off, but somehow his father got them into the game. Apparently it was so full you could hardly move!

The ground was more or less full by 2.15pm and the atmosphere was electric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669