Pre Match Leicester v Cardiff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else warmed somewhat to Neil Warnock? I used to despise him but now I think he's genuinely a decent bloke.
Yes, I have. I was on holiday a few years ago and he was staying at the same resort. He seemed like a nice bloke.

Has anyone else warmed somewhat to Neil Warnock? I used to despise him but now I think he's genuinely a decent bloke.

Yeah I want them to stay up. **** knows why. I wonder if all managers have turned extra ****y to make him likeable. I'd rather Liverpool win the league than Man City but Klopp is a massive twat....I think I've solved the mystery.

I missed the heroic win over Man City and I'm missing our victory today. Claude informs me the team will be:

Schmeichel

Chilwell
Maguire
Morgan
Pereira

Albrighton
Mendy
Ndidi
Gray

Maddison

Vardy

Not keen on so many changes but with so many games at this time of year there needs to be some rest given to the major players we have.
If the game is going our way subbing other players to make them fresher for the Everton game could mean some needed game time to James and also Fuchs,

Ward

Simpson
Söyüncü
Evans
Chilwell*

Mendy*
Choudhury

Ghezzal
Gray

Maddison*

Iheanacho

Subs Jakupović Fuchs* Maguire Vardy Ricardo James* Albrighton

FFS What’s all this talk of James. If he wasn’t fit during yesterday’s press conference I think it’s unlikely that he’ll be fit today.

Not all Leicester players are fit to face the Bluebirds with long-term absentees Matty James and Daniel Amartey still unavailable for selection.

A superb selection in the 25 man squad.

you're taking that post from Brown Nose seriously?

Well, that's the way it was meant.

Of course I'm being serious. If we didn't have a game on Tuesday lunchtime - our 9th game in 32 days remember - I'd be all in favour of only making a couple of adjustments today.

However, if that's what we do, we'll be handing the points to Everton because we'll turn up there absolutely knackered. I think it's important for our season that we're strong at Everton as I think they are our closest rivals and we've already handed them three points in our home match. I also don't think it's arrogant or madness to pick a side today that cost over £100m, and has three title winners in the back four. It's not a weak team, it's a much stronger side than Cardiff can pick.

We'd also have the advantage that our side would be fresher than theirs, as they don't have the squad to enable much rotation, so we can play high tempo, front foot football, which is exactly what is needed today. Cardiff will be combative and try to turn our back four and win set pieces. The defence I'd go with today is actually better suited to coping with that. Let's not forget that Cardiff have two points and five goals from their nine away games this season.

I want us to win today and on Tuesday. Unless we're brave, our knackered players might crawl over the line today and then just get battered by Everton.

Just because it's not the obvious thing to do, and I'm sure Puel won't do it, doesn't make it the wrong decision.

I'd not heard the report that James was out, still, so I'd put Iborra in as sub instead. Silva could do with some game time too, but perhaps leave that to the Newport game.

In an ideal world we don't want Iborra, Silva or James anywhere near the squad, even the Newport match.

We'll be looking to offload the first two, and I doubt that James will ever be fit enough to play in the Premier League again

They are done here

Of course I'm being serious. If we didn't have a game on Tuesday lunchtime - our 9th game in 32 days remember - I'd be all in favour of only making a couple of adjustments today.

However, if that's what we do, we'll be handing the points to Everton because we'll turn up there absolutely knackered. I think it's important for our season that we're strong at Everton as I think they are our closest rivals and we've already handed them three points in our home match. I also don't think it's arrogant or madness to pick a side today that cost over £100m, and has three title winners in the back four. It's not a weak team, it's a much stronger side than Cardiff can pick.

We'd also have the advantage that our side would be fresher than theirs, as they don't have the squad to enable much rotation, so we can play high tempo, front foot football, which is exactly what is needed today. Cardiff will be combative and try to turn our back four and win set pieces. The defence I'd go with today is actually better suited to coping with that. Let's not forget that Cardiff have two points and five goals from their nine away games this season.

I want us to win today and on Tuesday. Unless we're brave, our knackered players might crawl over the line today and then just get battered by Everton.

Just because it's not the obvious thing to do, and I'm sure Puel won't do it, doesn't make it the wrong decision.
They are professional athletes. They really don't need protecting half as much as you allude to. I'm sure had we rotated as much as you think we should today, during the 15/16 season it would have done us far more harm than good. To get the best out of a team you need to breed confidence and momentum and you can't do this by changing the whole team, especially as we have only just started to see some understanding between players like Maddison and Vardy. It would be utterly ridiculous, it would put a win against Cardiff in jeopardy and and it certainly wouldn't guarantee us anything at Everton.

Given that he was hobbling around for bits of the last game , I wouldn’t be surprised to see Vardy rested today.

Given that he was hobbling around for bits of the last game , I wouldn’t be surprised to see Vardy rested today.
I agree but it is concerning: we don't have another main striker - both Iheanacho and Oki are clearly the type to play off a main striker.

It vastly increases the chance that we will attack for 89 minutes and they will break for the only goal. (I REALLY hope that this proves to be a ridiculously negative post in the light of a 7-0 victory!)

Imagine the flack Claude would get if we changed all 11 and lost.
In his post match Claude said," but I listened to Brown Nose and he said everything would be fine. "
Personally, if all 11 are fit, I'd go with same starting 11, and get in their faces from the first whistle :).

Imagine the flack Claude would get if we changed all 11 and lost.
In his post match Claude said," but I listened to Brown Nose and he said everything would be fine. "
Personally, if all 11 are fit, I'd go with same starting 11, and get in their faces from the first whistle :).
We won't get in their faces with 3 defensive midfielders. Gray needs to come in for Ndidi or Mendy. I'd take Ndidi out.

I can see 2-3 changes today. Gray will be one I’d bring in to try and take the game to them with another couple for freshness e.g. Jonny Evans. While fatigue will be a factor,it’s a factor for all teams at this time of the year - Everton will be as knackered as we will be come New Years Day.

Ndidi I' ve never considered an exclusively defensive midfielder, and though I'm now less inclined to see him as our Patrick Vieira, it still stirs the blood when he pushes forward, which he should do today.

Choudhury has impressed us all - one thing that I liked is he was linking up well with Albrighton going forward.

The personnel should be unchanged, test their flexibility.

Last edited:
I just hope Puel is brave and we see a team set up to play high tempo exciting football, let's use the last 2 wins as a springboard for the rest of the season and see what this team is capable of producing. I fear if we return to the slow tippy tappy style we will come unstuck and a couple of bad results over the next 3 games will soon see the pressure turn back onto Puel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3776
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3961
7Hull City3859
8Coventry City3858