Match Thread Leicester v Chelsea (FA Cup QF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are shite. Puel is killing us with this shit build up play.
We are so slow in transition. Iborra is a a good passer but not mobile enough. Iheanacho is brainless. I look forward to this all weekend and we serve up this dross.

This. That's where it came from.

But we still had the ball after that, when Mahrez tried to dribble his way through the Chelsea defence and I actually think we could have got a foul. It was a bad pass from Nacho, but to blame that for the goal is stretching it.

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Mahrez, who was dispossessed far too easily for the goal.

I don't think we've been that bad but it was a mistake starting Nacho over Okazaki. He has offered nothing, been slow and lazy and that played it's part in the goal. Chilwell still looking a bit dubious at LB. Otherwise we've been alright. I think we're too often trying to play the Vardy through ball even when it's not really on...

Before we go nuts. Iheanacho chilwell and ndidi are average age of about 21. Of course they are betraying a lack of experience. Ndidi should have bought him down but he didn't.
Worse issue is that a blind man would have known hey would set up 343 and yet we still set up 4411 isolating Vardy against 3 and meaning Mahrez and albrighton have to constantly chase back....
Okazaki and Gray on for albrighton and iheanacho.

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Mahrez, who was dispossessed far too easily for the goal.
I have no problem with Mahrez trying to create things. I have a problem with the ball he was served up leaving him a huge amount of work to do to try and keep the move alive and I have a bigger problem with Chilwell and Ndidi dissolving into thin air behind him.

Ndidi or Chilwell should've taken the yellow card by stopping William breaking. Inexperienced decision from both of them I think.

Harsh to blame Kelechi. Especially since we got the ball back after.

I think we've played well first half though. I'm happy with how we played other than the goal.

There's still plenty in this. Just need to keep the energy levels up and keep a high tempo.

A collection of complete brain farts from our young players:

Nacho with a shit pass and then even worse leaves Mahrez to figure it out instead of supporting him.

Chilwell turned inside out and doesn’t bring him down.

Ndidi not bringing Willian down either.

Not helped but Wes positioning and Mahrez (although he has zero options thanks to nacho) giving the ball away.

An absolutely infuriating goal to concede and yet again we are playing from behind having given a goal away at the worst possible time.

We’ve become so naive under Puel.

I have no problem with Mahrez trying to create things. I have a problem with the ball he was served up leaving him a huge amount of work to do to try and keep the move alive and I have a bigger problem with Chilwell and Ndidi dissolving into thin air behind him.
I have a problem with Mahrez thinking he can breeze through 4 Chelsea players rather than passing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363