Leicester V Coventry player ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky

Pressman - 8 - fantastic save from doyle. kicking was good. generally sound.

Canero - 7 - solid at full back. strong in the tackle. distribution was goo. maybe needs to support forward a little more.

Dabizas - 7 - strong, solid, say no more.

Heath - 8 - really impressed. i thought for once his distribution was good. reading of the game was good. unbeatable in the air.

Stewart - 7 - for someone who i don't rate i thought he played well. distibution was good. positive going forward. strong at the back.

Gillespie - 7 - needs to beat that first man. thought his work rate was good. i think he will get better with games. he certainly didnt let us down.

Nalis - 8 - tackled, passed excellently, headed, ran and scored a super goal. well done lilian.

Gudjohnsen - 7 - won tackles, worked hard, passed it pretty well. i think he needs more games like gillespie.

Tiatto - 7 - again...won tackles, worked hard...not his best game im sure but played well.

Scowcroft - 8 - won a lot of headers and kept the ball well. worked his socks off. he's a damn good championship striker on this form.

Connolly - 8 - worked damn hard, kept the ball well. needs the ball in the penalty box ala cottee.

Morris - 6/7 - looks exciting - pace, a trick or two, lets hope he stays fit.

Gemmil - n/a

im drunk. but yay

being very generous to some players there

Pressman 7 - Didn't have much to do but what he did do, he did well
Canero 7 - Shaky first 15, but never troubled after that, would like to see him overlap more
Stewart 6 - Rubbish for an hour, played well last 30 though
Heath 8 - Solid, decent simple distribution, scored.
Dabizas 7 - Caught out once or twice but rarely troubled
Gillespie 7 - Very good 1st half, actually willing to run at the fullback, tired 2nd period and lost the plot slightly
Nalis 7 - Classy on the ball, but ponderous at times, great strike
Gudjohnsson 5 - anonymous, game passed him by completely imo
Tiatto 7 - very solid, gave it away a couple of times but good other than that
Connolly 6 - hardly got a kick, although 1st touch disappointing at times, worked fairly hard
Scowcroft 7 - he is a classy div1 player, nice touches intelligent distribution and wins it in the air

Morris 6 - looks promising if he can get himself fit.

I'm willing to stick up for gudjohnsen. I don't think he was great tonight but I thought he did a good job. He got his foot in, worked hard and broke up plenty of attacks. I don't think he is playing a role where he is going to stand out particularly. He's the lennon in the side (admittedly no way as good). Give him time anyway, he's hardly had a run of games to get any consistency.

I'm not saying don't give him time!! The thread is rate the players and I thought he was fairly poor, certainly not a Neil Lennon type performance.

Micky said:
Pressman - 8 - fantastic save from doyle. kicking was good. generally sound.
Canero - 7 - solid at full back. strong in the tackle. distribution was goo. maybe needs to support forward a little more.
Dabizas - 7 - strong, solid, say no more.
Heath - 8 - really impressed. i thought for once his distribution was good. reading of the game was good. unbeatable in the air.
Stewart - 7 - for someone who i don't rate i thought he played well. distibution was good. positive going forward. strong at the back.
Gillespie - 7 - needs to beat that first man. thought his work rate was good. i think he will get better with games. he certainly didnt let us down.
Nalis - 8 - tackled, passed excellently, headed, ran and scored a super goal. well done lilian.
Gudjohnsen - 7 - won tackles, worked hard, passed it pretty well. i think he needs more games like gillespie.
Tiatto - 7 - again...won tackles, worked hard...not his best game im sure but played well
Scowcroft - 8 - won a lot of headers and kept the ball well. worked his socks off. he's a damn good championship striker on this form
Connolly - 8 - worked damn hard, kept the ball well. needs the ball in the penalty box ala cottee.
Morris - 6/7 - looks exciting - pace, a trick or two, lets hope he stays fit.
Gemmil - n/a
agree everywhere but connolly. 5/10 tops

Pressman - 7
Canero - 7
Dabizas - 7
Heath - 7
Stewart - 7
Gillespie - 7
Nalis - 8
Gudjohnsen - 5
Tiatto - 8 - MOM
Scowcroft - 6
Connolly - 6

Morris - 6
Gemmil - n/a

Only watched it on sky but these are my marks :

Pressman 7 - Steady game, great save from Doyle

Canero 7 - Rarely looked troubled, but failed to offer much going forward.

Heath 8 - Looked composed tonight and seemed to read the game well, and another goal.

Dabizas 6 - At times looked superb and then on other occasions loses the plot. Would like to see Keown back in when fit.

Stewart 7 - Defended quite well tonight, played simple, got forward and supported Tiatto well just needs to work on final ball.

Gillespie 6 - Always available, but didnt seem quite able to get going, final ball was poor on most occasions. Good corner for Heathys goal though, but should be given a run in the team.

Gudjonsson 5 - Got stuck in, but seems to do everything at 100mph and this often leads to giving the ball away. Needs to play with more control.

Nalis 8 - Superb tonight, played really well and was at the heart of all our best moves, great passer when on song, and excellent finish for his goal.

Tiatto 7 - Another energetic performance tonight, although we didnt create too many chances from wing play. Links up well with Stewart and took goal well.

Connolly 7 - Worked very hard for the team, was always available to recieve the ball, some excellent approach play. Tries to be too clever sometimes, tried to chip keeper in 2nd half instead of hitting it, seems to be a bit too desperate to score.

Scowcroft 7 - Worked hard, defended from the front, suffered through lack of quality crosses, but will score goals once supply line is sorted.

Morris 6 - Looked lively, prepared to run at defenders, quick and has good feet, didnt look out of place on right hand side, once fully match fit will be a key player.

Levein 8 - What a transformation in a week, we looked reasonably solid, worked hard, hustled and harried. I think if we can work on our final ball and be a bit more composed in possession we will really give teams a good beating. Overall an excellent start.

lako42 said:
im drunk. but yay

It's all smiles tonight:

Pressman 8 (not a lot to do but one super save and everything he did spelt competence).

Canero 8 (particularly important first half challenge to prevent what might have been a scoring strike on goal. Loads of energy and commitment back and front).

Dabizas 6 (Little to put my finger on but still seems unconvincing).

Heath 7 (Becoming an important player in the opposing penalty box as well as showing good aerial talents. His lack of pace might prove important in the end though unless he can work on it).

Stewart 6.5 (Important work in defence and attack. Lots of involvement).

Nalis 8 (Super goal - did well to hit the target at all and generally thoughtful in what he did. It is always important to have midfielders who can score).

Joey 5 (Should have been booked and could easily have been sent off for an unnecessary early foul and consequently became a target of revenge for Coventry players which affected his overall game. Hope he learns from it).

Tiatto 8 (Good goal, tireless worker, created things. Just wish he'd stay on his feet more when challenging for the ball because it would save giving away free kicks which better opposition might have capitalised on).

Scowcroft 8.5 (Outstanding and utterly selfless. Won nearly everything with his subtle timing in the air and chipped in with lots of searching passes).

Connolly 6 (Involved in an important goal and had a chance or two. Once again I'd rather he hit the target first and foremost. Not really at his best).

Gillespie 7.5 (Involved with two of the goals and always a player who needed attention. Often had two/three defenders around him and this meant space for others. Good, deep, accurate corners and lots of probing dinky passes. Resisted hit and hope balls. A few errors, like everyone, but it was what he did well that was important.

Morris 6 (The boy's got ability and a bit of cheek. Love it. But my oh my does he need some stamina work. If they can get him really fit I'd certainly not want to think of him leaving.

Levein 10 (Three goal win in a local derby will do for me. Everything he does seems to have a point. No histrionics, no changes for the sake of it. Everyone seemed to know their job and tackled it with a discipline which has been so sadly lacking. A last we're starting to look like a team. Thank God we've had the clearout.).

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pieman 7
Canero 8
Heath 7.5
Dabizas 8
Stewart 7
Gillespie 7.5
Gudjohnsson 7
Nalis 8
Tiatto 9
Connolly 7.5
Scowcroft 7
Morris 7.5

Pressman 7 - Did some very acrobatic dives
Canero 7 - Sound
Stewart 9 - Teamed up well with Taitto, best I have seen him play
Heath 8 - Sound.
Dabizas 7 - Caught out once or twice but rarely troubled
Gillespie 7 - Worked hard in first half, again the best i seen him play
Nalis 8 - quick simple passing and some good creative stuff
Gudjohnsson 6 - Got a battering from cov and layed on the ground a lot
Tiatto 8 - A work hourse, never gives up MOM
Connolly 6 - A bit disapointing, a bit slow to control ball, but I aint complaining
Scowcroft 7 - Sound
Morris 6 - Not on long enough to get true assesment
Gremmel 6 - Like morris

Craig Levien 8 - He has produced a miricle, do not look like the same team

The best passing I have seen at city for a long time. They played simple short fast passes, controlling the ball for a least 70% of the game. Chasing the ball and closing down cov at every opertunity.
Defended on the halfway line.

An amazing transformation.

I wont forget Dion, He did his bit tonight, the way he sat on the bench will go down in history as a classic. He sacrificed his weekly excersise, the walk about the pitch for the good of the club and we did not get a chance to see those cute little three inch jumps he does so well. Infact his actions where so unselfish that I think he should be awarded a MOM

Well done dion. Tonight was the best contribution you have made since you have been at city and I, for one, appreciate what you have done for city tonight and would never expect any more from you.
Keep it up

im still very drunk

Pressman 8
Canero 7
Heath 8
Dabizas 8
Stewart 7.5
Gillespie 7
Gudjohnsson 7
Nalis 8
Tiatto 8
Connolly 7
Scowcroft 7

Subs
Morris 7
Gemmill 6

Pressman 8
Canero 6
Heath 8
Dabizas 7
Stewart 7
Gillespie 7
Gudjohnsson 6
Nalis 8
Tiatto 9
Connolly 7
Scowcroft 7

Subs
Morris 8
Gemmill 6

Tiatto was man of the match IMO. Canero should play to the whistle - they nearly scored because he was holding his hand up for offside and they nearly squeezed one in, also Gudjohnssen put in a dirty tackle and then got the rough treatment so couldn't really get into the game.

I must have been watching a different game then. For me Connelly worked his socks off, provided almost non stop movement, held the ball up brilliantly, brought others into the game, put the best 2/3 crosses into the box from open play, linked the midfield and attack like Dickov used to and almost scored a great goal at the end.

The only worrying thing about last night was the paucity of chances created for our front men.

Pressman - 7 (still not confident about him from corners/freekicks, he's rooted to his line)

Canero - 6.5 (worked hard, poor positioning for a couple of attacks in the 2nd half which Levein reprimanded him for, but ok generally)

Stewart - 8 (thought he was solid at the back, passed intelligently and grew in confidence and ended up showing flashes of skill and runs)

Heath - 9 (MOM for me, passing was improved, outstanding at the back and even showed confidence on the ball under pressure, capped with a goal)

Dabizas - 7 (solid enough, nothing spectacular)

Gillespie - 6.5 (worked hard, no real end product to any degree unfortunately, but improved on previous outings at the Walkers)

Tiatto - 6.5 (Overall not his best game, but scored and was full of energy as usual)

Gudjonnson - 6.5 (broke attacks up and passed simple but effectively, rushes of blood gifted a few chances to Cov though)

Nalis - 8 (by far the best midfielder on show, quality on the ball, won his headers and tackles and scored a goal)

Connelly - 8 (fantastic movement meant midfielders had an outlet at all times, worked his socks off, held it up well, linked play etc)

Scowcroft - 7 (worked hard, won headers and then got a free kick given against him everytime he attempted to touch the ball in the last 30 mins)

Subs

Morris - 7 (pacey, skillful, looked dangerous, could have had a pen)

Gemmill - 6 (didn't have time to do anything)

Pressman - 8 - I think he's class...
Canero - 7 - Not bad..
Heath - 8 - Leicester born-and-bred, quality..
Dabizas - 6 - Mmmm, not right..
Stewart - 6 - OK, good last half hour..
Gillespie - 7 - Good to see a right winger, hoping he'll bloom...
Gudjohnsson - 6 - Did ok, gets stuck in which I like..
Nalis - 8 - Faded in the last 30 mins, good goal, good vision, good player..
Tiatto - 9 - Captain fantastic..
Scowie - 7 - As always, tireless worker, genius in the air..
Connolly - 7 - Hard worker, he'll be fine..

Gemmill - 6 - Nice hair
Morris - 6 - I tell thee, a great player we have here, at last..

Joe 90 (Levein) - 10 - The team are playing football, working for each other and he has bought that turnaround in a week; great stuff...

Pressman 8 for a fat lad with not much to do, did well
Canero 6 still not really sure about him
Stewart 5 a strange mix of nice touches, pace and being rubbish
Heath 8 defended ok scored well
Dabizas 6 one very crap foul, but generally ok
Gillespie 7 not afraid to have a run, corners were good
Nalis 6 didn't really notice him, apart from the excellent goal
Gudjohnsson 5 got fouled a lot, didn't do much else, but he looks good
Tiatto 7 nice goal, and generally very reliable on the ball & defending
Connolly 7 looked surprisingly confident and although he skied a few i like the look of him
Scowcroft 8 drew a lot of fouls and won a lot of headers, always in the mix

Morris 7 one nifty run and a good penno claim

levein 8 confident enough to play players who haven't played much and to keep adams' regulars on the bench. nice to see that the ball can be played on the floor in midfield every now and again

cov 4 got basics like jumping for headers and clearing the ball from the penalty area very very wrong. playing one up front didn't really do them any favours

Pressman 8 (very agile for a fat boy)
Canero 7
Heath 8
Dabizas 6
Stewart 7
Gillespie 7 (tired towards the end, but one of best games in a city shirt)
Gudjohnsson 6
Nalis 8
Tiatto 9 (MOM)
Connolly 7.5
Scowcroft 7

Subs
Morris 7
Gemmill 6

Nalis 6 didn't really notice him, apart from the excellent goal

He was the one in midfield who had some vision and could pass it more than 15 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669