Match Thread Leicester v Coventry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooooh lovely chance for Mcateer, great opportunity. Should've been a goal.

Didn't take the right option, but cracking ball from Ricardo.

Inexperience there from McAteer. Great chance. Should have gone far corner. 0-0 HT
Winks has been outstanding

Not a bad half really and definitely on top but not offering a great deal in attack.

Vardy needs to do more as his touch as let him down a few time - Nacho would be much better in this system.

I'd sack off the hybrid RB/CM as they are just packing the middle and Ricardo is best bombing forward on the right and supporting the winger.

A bit worrying we still look suspect at corners and the new keeper appears less commanding in the box than Kasper.

Fairly decent first half from us.

Clearly possession based, but the difference is we're looking to move it forwards at pace whenever we can.

Lacking quality to link the deep midfielders to the attack though.

Winks looks good. Mavididi and Mcateer have both done pretty well and getting a lot of space. Ricardo will be the best player in this league by a mile if he stays fit.

Everything looks good, until the two number 8s get involved, and then it turns to dog bob

Put Praet on instead and it might begin to work

Balls out to the wingers also need to be in front of them, not behind them FFS

Doyle is superb in that position- ditto Winks

Right.

System generally looks good, particularly going forward. Coventry have played a higher press than I expected and we’ve cut through them quickly. That’s when we look our best. Particularly with Mavididi staying wide.

I do worry, a lot, about how open we are if we lose possession, particularly with Vestergaard back there.

Encouraging stuff from Winks, and Doyle.

Ricardo, Faes also playing well.

what is notable is the drop off in quality of opposition. We’ve given Coventry several good opportunities to hit us with a sucker punch and so far they’ve botched it.

KDH struggling to make the most of his time on the ball, needs to improve a lot there.

Wilf is disrupting them but isn’t in his natural position.

Vardy not really the right profile for this kind of system in my opinion, but I understand why the manager is playing him.

Once the squad settles down I can see this being a good team to watch.

Got to say I'm impressed with the play. Harry Winks is going to be pivotal for us. We have genuine threat from set pieces for what seems the first time in eons. I still find it bizarre to see Ndidi forward so much but feel like Maresca will be a great manager for him to revive his stalling career. We've been fairly dominant against a Coventry side that will be one of the frontrunners themselves.

Everything looks good, until the two number 8s get involved, and then it turns to dog bob

Put Praet on instead and it might begin to work

Balls out to the wingers also need to be in front of them, not behind them FFS

Doyle is superb in that position- ditto Winks
Completely agree. A creative midfielder is clearly our highest priority now.

Also, Daka would be ****ing awful in this style. Clear he needs to be moved on if possible for that Piroe bloke.

If we lose this game you all need to go steady...

5 more additions will transform us even more.

.what is notable is the drop off in quality of opposition. We’ve given Coventry several good opportunities to hit us with a sucker punch and so far they’ve botched it.
Yes spot on. Otherwise it would have been a very similar first half outcome to most of last season, as Graz noted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669