Match Thread Leicester v Crystal Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're clearly dominant in this game, but still lacking incision and not creating real clear cut chances.

Need a goal, ideally before half time.

Lots of passing sideways and no killer pass or forward pass.

Then a pass into ihenacho, he turned and attacked!!!

he was unlucky not to win a free kick from Zaha.

Not bad but still pretty meh.

All a bit too pedestrian and negative - too many players playing with their backs to goal and resulting in too many backwards passing.

And we also lack a player with the ability to go past anyone.

Also need to get Perez in the game more but I wouldn't make changes yet.

Vardy's touch is still awful. The sooner his wife drops the stupid lawsuit the better.
Don’t understand why she issued that claim now while her husband has a lot to focus on.

The limitation period for a defamation claim (which I assume this is) is one year. The tweet was in October last year. She could have waited.

We are dominating this and putting some fairly good stuff together, but they are so truly ****ing awful it’s a crying shame we’ve not scored yet

Vardy is one of the main problems here - he’s ****ing everything up

Really good performance but it petered out a bit towards the end and Palace mostly looked solid. I do worry a bit about James Justin, not that he's had a bad game but he does look like he's got a mistake in him. To be expected really as he's the most inexperienced at this level but he's the one where Palace are having a little bit of joy down that side with taking him on and a few sloppy passes he's made..

We are essentially playing 3 at the back most of the time as Chilwell is staying forward, so sub James for Morgan or Fuchs and make it official and get Tielemans further forward.

Commentators often have no idea what they're on about

"Leicester are lacking confidence. Leicester look like as if the first 28 games never took place." Er. No. More like the first 21 games. As if we just went shit a few matches ago, it's a lot worse.

And earlier "Ricardo is probably not remarkable in any specific part of his game but you'd do well to find a weakness." Sure he's not remarkable in any aspect apart from his speed, agility, attacking flair, willingness to create and generally being one of the best full-backs in the league. ‍♂️

Also on Ricardo "Leicester fans haven't appreciated him until he wasn't playing." Er NO. The "pundits" didn't appreciate him. We as fans realised every match just how great he is.

Re the match.

What i don't understand is why we don't approach the match differently. We know they're gonna soak up our pressure and have odd bursts of attacking play. Similarly they know we're gonna hold on to the ball and try to break them down. So they put 11 men behind the ball and we don't find a way in.

Why do we do exactly what they know we're going to?? Why don't we give them the chance to have the ball and then counter attack for example? They won't be expecting that. They're likely to take the obvious bait and be left potentially out of position.

I just don't get why we do exaclty what they know we are gonna do. That then requires us to play like Man City with inferior players. It requires palace to be disciplined which usually is a good quality of a Hodgson team. Then we play out a boring match. They get a point, we drop two points and wonder what's wrong. How about NOT playing the obvious.

I do worry a bit about James Justin, not that he's had a bad game but he does look like he's got a mistake in him.

Yep, he's making mistakes. A few sloppy passes have put us in trouble. I know he's learning and will hopefully get it sorted but he does give me the jitters sometimes. Great strike though. It had the keeper beaten and would have been a cracking goal.

We should be beating this lot comfortably though. They're without any real imagination or creativity... but then you don't need it these days to beat us. We're pretty easy to defend against when we're this pedestrian.

We are dominating this and putting some fairly good stuff together, but they are so truly ****ing awful it’s a crying shame we’ve not scored yet

Vardy is one of the main problems here - he’s ****ing everything up
He is beyond awful. The worst touch of any player on the pitch. Can't remember him controlling the ball at anytime in the games since we restarted the season.

Also on Ricardo "Leicester fans haven't appreciated him until he wasn't playing." Er NO. The "pundits" didn't appreciate him. We as fans realised every match just how great he is.
Yes noticed that. Annoyed me too
And apparently we’re now moving to a back 3, which I thought we were playing anyway

Bennett for Chilwell

Guessing that's from the knock he picked up.

Nightmare for us I think. Our most creative player with Maddison out.

I think Albrighton has switched to LWB, Justin on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566