Pre Match Leicester v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i should explain. Mrs boc is down in Devon for a college reunion this weekend. Lots of old people drinking; she seems to have enjoyed herself.
We've only got the one car now and I can't set off from Retford until she gets back. Clearly at her age she can't set off too early so the earliest I could get there is about 7. So I rang the FA and explained the situation. They suggested giving her an extra hour, "8 good enough for you, mate?", he said. "Jobs a good 'un", said I.
So, sorry for the inconvenience...

...and ha!
I’m surprised.

Surprised you would have remembered there was a game today in order to ring the FA.

Bring your scarves
Clap your clappers
Wave your shoe in the air

This is going to be ****ing glorious

Gerrintoem

#stayingupwithhomer2023

I’m surprised.

Surprised you would have remembered there was a game today in order to ring the FA.
Google Calendar is my friend.

I’m surprised the FA has that much say in scheduling Premier League games
The Premier League (legal name: The Football Association Premier League Limited)

Disappointed that you didn't set sail and barge your way here.
You clearly haven't experienced the beauty and relaxing qualities of the Chesterfield Canal.

Perhaps we are planning a Steve Walsh moment today?

We're going to sign an unknown French wide midfielder from Caens and convert him into the world's best defensive midfielder?

It's ambitious in 1 day, but would certainly up our survival chances.

I'm guessing Souttar up top is the call.

Head-to-head

• Leicester City can complete the Premier League double over Everton for just the second time, previously doing so in their 2015-16 title-winning campaign.
  • However, Everton could win three consecutive league games at Leicester for the first time in their history.
  • Only two of the past 15 Premier League meetings have been drawn, with Everton recording seven wins to Leicester's six.

Leicester City

• Leicester could register back-to-back Premier League home wins for the first time in nearly a year.
  • The Foxes have conceded in their last 18 Premier League games, their joint-longest run without a clean sheet in the division. They last had a longer run without a league shutout between April and December 1994, with a run of 21 matches which included 18 in the Premier League.
  • Dean Smith is undefeated in all six Premier League meetings with Everton, winning three of four at home. Only Antonio Conte (seven games) has faced Everton more often in the competition without losing.
  • Leicester have alternated between victory and defeat in their last four Premier League games played on Mondays, losing 3-0 at home to Newcastle United in their most recent match in December.
  • Jamie Vardy scored his first goal in 20 league appearances last time out at Leeds United. He last scored in back-to-back top-flight games for Leicester last May.
  • Vardy scored six goals in his first nine Premier League matches versus Everton but he has failed to score in the last four meetings.

Everton

• Everton are winless in 14 away matches in all competitions since a 2-1 league victory at Southampton on 1 October, failing to score in nine of those games (D5, L9). It is their longest competitive away run without victory since a streak of 24 from September 1979 to September 1980.
  • The Toffees have triumphed just twice in their past 33 top-flight fixtures on the road. They have kept only three clean sheets during this run, all in goalless draws.
  • They have only won one of their 10 most recent league matches, claiming seven points during that period.
  • Dominic Calvert-Lewin has faced Leicester in nine Premier League games without ever scoring, which is his worst such run against any side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566