Pre Match Leicester v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Head-to-head

• Leicester have won just one of the past seven Premier League meetings, a 2-0 away victory in November 2022 (D3, L3).
  • Sixteen of the 34 Premier League matches between Leicester City and Everton have ended in a draw, the highest proportion for any fixture to have been played at least 30 times in the division.
Leicester City

• Leicester City are winless after four Premier League games in a season for the fourth time (D2, L2). In the three previous seasons, they were relegated.
  • They have failed to keep a clean sheet in 15 Premier League home matches since beating Leeds United in October 2022.
  • Wilfried Ndidi has provided three goal assists in his last two Premier League appearances for Leicester, as many as he had in his previous 62 top-flight games combined.
  • Jamie Vardy has scored seven goals in 11 Premier League starts versus Everton.
  • Steve Cooper has won only one of his last 17 Premier League fixtures as a manager - Nottingham Forest's 2-0 home victory versus Aston Villa in November 2023.
Everton

• Everton have lost their opening four league matches in a season for just the third time in their history.
  • They can equal the club league record of six consecutive defeats. The Toffees have done this eight times, most recently from August to October 2005.
  • The club are winless in 14 away games in all competitions since a 2-0 Premier League victory at Burnley in December (D5, L9).
  • Everton are only the second team to lose successive Premier League games after leading both by at least two goals. No team has ever failed to win three games in a row when leading by two or more goals.
  • They have equalled the Premier League record for conceding at least three goals in the most consecutive matches from the beginning of a season.
  • Sean Dyche is winless in all 10 league away matches as a manager against Leicester (D5, L5).

For the long-term success of SC we just need to win this one! Anything else will be a disappointment.

Hermansen
Ricardo
Okoli
Faes
Justin
Ndidi
Skipp
Buonanotte
Fatawu
Mavididi
Vardy

Obviously, it'll actually be:

Hermansen
Justin
Okoli
Faes
Kristiansen
Ndidi
Winks
Skipp
Mavididi
Ayew
Vardy

Please Stevie boy, please let's actually try and win a game.

Tight 2-1 loss.

It’s got all the noises so far that we’re the same as the great escape season - not quite good enough. We must win a few before that sets in because I don’t think we have that in us again.

I just don't want a déjà vu penalty moment today. We need to beat the Toffees like I destroyed the pack of Thornton's the other Christmas

I really don’t think this is the game we want to sacrifice control in midfield. I expect and hope we play the starting 11 v palace.

We were the better team for the majority of the game v palace.

I really don’t think this is the game we want to sacrifice control in midfield. I expect and hope we play the starting 11 v palace.

We were the better team for the majority of the game v palace.
Until our manager bottled it and threw away 2 points.

I really, truly hope we don't start the same team against this rabble.

WOTS is that there is just one change: El Khannouss for Skipp.
If this is the case at least it's an attacking change. I'm happy about that.

Incredibly weird having watched both Skipp and Winks last week, that Skipp is the one to make way, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Liverpool512
3Chelsea510
4Arsenal410
5Newcastle510
6Aston Villa59
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48