Pre Match Leicester v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure there is an indication we can go through 4 months of a season without getting more injuries.
So we might get a few players back. But can't see us being full strength this year at any point.
Maybe I'm just being pessimistic.
I just wanna see:

Kasper

Castagne
Fofana
Evans
Justin

Tielemans
Ndidi

Perez (we really could do with a top player here)
Maddison
Barnes

Vardy

OR

Kasper

Castagne
Fofana
Evans
Soyuncu
Justin

Tielemans
Ndidi
Maddison

Daka
Vardy

Or some variation of our strongest line up.

I'd like to see 1996 Pamela Anderson running towards me in slow motion with a paper headlined 'Boris explodes during interview with Piers Morgan, killing both' tucked under her arm.
Which I think is as likely as seeing our strongest line up all appear in the same game this year....

Head-to-head

• Leicester can win consecutive league games against Liverpool for the first time since 1999.
  • Liverpool's loss in this fixture last season ended a run of three league victories at Leicester.
  • Leicester could become the first team since Arsenal in 2006-07 to score three or more goals in three successive fixtures versus Liverpool.

Leicester City

• Leicester have won their last two Premier League home games, scoring eight goals in total. The Foxes haven't won three consecutive league matches at home since a run of seven between August and December 2019.
  • Leicester have conceded 63 goals in 39 Premier League games in 2021. It's the third-most they've ever let in during the same calendar year in the competition, after 66 in 2001 and 64 in 2017.
  • The Foxes have lost their final league game in just two of the last 10 calendar years, although one of those defeats came against Liverpool in 2017.

Liverpool

• Liverpool have lost just once in 35 games in all competitions, including only one defeat in their past 16 Premier League matches on the road.
  • They have scored in 28 successive away matches in all competitions - the longest run of any top-flight team in 61 years.
  • Liverpool have scored 50 Premier League goals in 18 games this season - it's the fastest they've ever hit that landmark in top-flight history.
  • The Reds are unbeaten in their final fixture of the last seven calendar years, since a 2-1 loss at Chelsea in 2013.
  • Since 2017-18, when Andy Robertson joined Trent Alexander-Arnold at Liverpool, the full-backs have recorded 40 and 41 Premier League assists respectively, a tally bettered only by Mohamed Salah (42) and Kevin de Bruyne (50) during that period.
  • Divock Origi has scored five goals in his last six away games for Liverpool in all competitions - one more than in his previous 40 appearances on the road.

Head-to-head

• Leicester can win consecutive league games against Liverpool for the first time since 1999.
  • Liverpool's loss in this fixture last season ended a run of three league victories at Leicester.
  • Leicester could become the first team since Arsenal in 2006-07 to score three or more goals in three successive fixtures versus Liverpool.

Leicester City

• Leicester have won their last two Premier League home games, scoring eight goals in total. The Foxes haven't won three consecutive league matches at home since a run of seven between August and December 2019.
  • Leicester have conceded 63 goals in 39 Premier League games in 2021. It's the third-most they've ever let in during the same calendar year in the competition, after 66 in 2001 and 64 in 2017.
  • The Foxes have lost their final league game in just two of the last 10 calendar years, although one of those defeats came against Liverpool in 2017.

Liverpool

• Liverpool have lost just once in 35 games in all competitions, including only one defeat in their past 16 Premier League matches on the road.
  • They have scored in 28 successive away matches in all competitions - the longest run of any top-flight team in 61 years.
  • Liverpool have scored 50 Premier League goals in 18 games this season - it's the fastest they've ever hit that landmark in top-flight history.
  • The Reds are unbeaten in their final fixture of the last seven calendar years, since a 2-1 loss at Chelsea in 2013.
  • Since 2017-18, when Andy Robertson joined Trent Alexander-Arnold at Liverpool, the full-backs have recorded 40 and 41 Premier League assists respectively, a tally bettered only by Mohamed Salah (42) and Kevin de Bruyne (50) during that period.
  • Divock Origi has scored five goals in his last six away games for Liverpool in all competitions - one more than in his previous 40 appearances on the road.
Not your fault Jeff but not a single one of those stats is remotely useful

I think this one is sure to be broken tomorrow.

I'd like to see 1996 Pamela Anderson running towards me in slow motion with a paper headlined 'Boris explodes during interview with Piers Morgan, killing both' tucked under her arm.
Which I think is as likely as seeing our strongest line up all appear in the same game this year....
Kelly Brook and a bar of soap.

Blagged two tickets for me and missus. Lovely jubbly.
Enjoy. I hope it's as entertaining as the Manchester City game was.... I mean, I would say I hope we win but you and I both know that there's more chance of seeing non-paedophilic Catholic Priest than that happening.

Enjoy. I hope it's as entertaining as the Manchester City game was.... I mean, I would say I hope we win but you and I both know that there's more chance of seeing non-paedophilic Catholic Priest than that happening.
Will at least see the best player in the world at the moment in Salah.

If he can escape Yannicks pocket of course!

Blagged two tickets for me and missus. Lovely jubbly.
I've got 2 season tickets and I've just found out I'm on call tonight so can't go, 1st time in as long as I can remember I'm not bothered.
If I was Brendan I'd play the U23's just to save the players for Norwich it's not like we will get anything out of tonight anyway plus it will show what a farce it is to he playing games with a Covid pandemic out of control, still at least the tills will keep ringing and that's all that matters in the football world

Reckon loads of empty seats tonight

In two minds meself, but will probably go, like the complete idiot that I am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572