Match Thread Leicester v Manchester United (community shield)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was always going to give previous seasons boys the first chance.

Much as I love Andy King, I hope the club realizes he's not a long term option for Kante.

Amartey and Chilwell miss out completely.

Subs: Zieler, Hernandez, Musa, Schlupp, Gray, Ulloa, Mendy

Are we whinning yet?

What was the reasoning (does anyone know) by the FA for the change of name from Charity Shield to Community Shield?

What was the reasoning (does anyone know) by the FA for the change of name from Charity Shield to Community Shield?

In 2002, the Charity Commission found that the Football Association failed to meet its legal obligations under charity law, by failing to specify what money from ticket sales went to charity, and delaying payments to the charities nominated. As a result, the competition was renamed the Community Shield.

So it says on Wiki so it must be true.

The FA. You can trust in them.

In 2002, the Charity Commission found that the Football Association failed to meet its legal obligations under charity law, by failing to specify what money from ticket sales went to charity, and delaying payments to the charities nominated. As a result, the competition was renamed the Community Shield.

So it says on Wiki so it must be true.

The FA. You can trust in them.

Thank you !

Not at the Shield due to attending a mates kids party.
A 1000 brownie points but i wish i was there!
Interesting that Mr Ranieri sees King and Albrighton as the 1st choices ahead of £13m Mendy and £17m Musa. Or maybe we will see a changing of the guard on 60minutes.
Chilwell, Kapustka, Amartey cant make the 18 which shows we have some depth that wasnt there before. I think we'll still see 2 in before the end of the window...

Come on the foxes!!!

At the stadium. Very impressive apart from the crawl to get to the entrance gates. It's not like that at the Millennium Stadium !

Nice free t shirt on each seat :)

Well it was going pretty well, not sure about the defending for that goal though!

Nice to get done with the crappy defending before the PL season starts

If we go with 4-4-2 id love to see Gray or Kaputska's given an extended run on the left.

Hopefully Musa gets the second 45.

Simpson Albrighton and King not at the races as yet. I think we'll see Hernandez, Mendy, Musa and Gray betwen 45 and 60 mins and that could see us get something back in the game.

I think we've been the better team but the defending was awful for the goal. Despite how good the back four were last season they've been poor in pre-season.
Need to sign a right back and a central defender with some pace.
I think they're still expecting Kanté to come and ckear things up for them. Better get used to not having him there quickly.

Musa and Gray in. Okazaki and Albrighton out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670