Pre Match Leicester v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
East Midlands Today (I think?) did a piece on the game. It was mostly about Cristiano Ronaldo and finished with a graphic that said “Manchester United v Leicester City”.

Laughable.

East Midlands Today (I think?) did a piece on the game. It was mostly about Cristiano Ronaldo and finished with a graphic that said “Manchester United v Leicester City”.

Laughable.
Quality journalism as always.

EMT and the Mercury - News for the ****ing bewildered

How is this not picked for TV? Tsk...
Finished fifth in the league last two seasons and both our games against Manchester teams haven’t been shown. Yet every single match Arsenal or Spurs play against them will be hyped up to the max.

Finished fifth in the league last two seasons and both our games against Manchester teams haven’t been shown. Yet every single match Arsenal or Spurs play against them will be hyped up to the max.
Americans and talk radio idiots like those two teams though so whatcha gonna do?

I don't want us to be on TV. I can't stand listening to those ignorant wanker pundits talk about the big boys and have no idea about us minions. I'd much sooner listen to a Russian commentary as we dismantle the red ****s.

Glad we're not on.

**** Sky and **** stupid kick off times.

Plus not everyone will watch Ronaldo single handedly bum the entire team to death.

Head-to-head

• Leicester have already beaten Manchester United in the league and FA Cup in 2021, both at Old Trafford (No they weren't. Is the rest of this list bollocks too?). The Foxes can win three consecutive matches against them in all competitions for the first time in 120 years.
  • However, United have only lost one of their 15 Premier League away games in this fixture. That was a 5-3 defeat in September 2014.
  • Manchester United have scored in 24 successive league meetings since a 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford in January 1998.

Leicester City

• Leicester's current four-match winless league run is their joint-longest under Brendan Rodgers. They haven't fared worse since only taking one point from Claude Puel's final six league games in charge in early 2019.
  • The Foxes have lost eight of their 16 Premier League fixtures since the beginning of April. Only Burnley, with 11 defeats, and Wolves, with nine, have been beaten more often during that time.
  • Their solitary clean sheet in the past 13 league matches came against Wolves on the opening weekend of this season.
  • Kelechi Iheanacho has scored 11 goals in his last 12 Premier League starts for Leicester, while Jamie Vardy has scored in three successive top-flight appearances.

Manchester United

• United are on an English league record unbeaten away run of 29 games since a 2-0 defeat at Liverpool in January 2020 (W19, D10).
  • Thirty four of the 67 away points amassed by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side during this period have been won from a losing position.
  • The Red Devils haven't conceded more than once in any of their past 15 away league fixtures, keeping eight clean sheets.
  • However, Manchester United's sole clean sheet in their past 18 matches in all competitions came in the league at Wolves in August.
  • Jesse Lingard has been involved in six goals in his past six Premier League appearances against Leicester, with three goals and three assists.
  • A Cristiano Ronaldo goal on Saturday would make Leicester the 120th club he has scored against in his career.

PL hypocrisy example number 312.

Apparently Man Utd flew to Leicester today. Meanwhile they routinely tell their own supporters to cycle or take public transport to Old Trafford.

Got 80-1 on Vardy scoring a hat trick and Leicester to win. Worth a punt.

Laughable.
Nottingham television for Nottingham people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472