Match Thread Leicester v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soumare our best player so far. KDH so frustrating because he sees the right pass, but never completes it.

Vardy, Maddison and Tielemans stinking the place out.

Thomas out of his depth

And if Maddison waits for the ball rather than going to it one more time I’m going to lose my mind. It cost us against Brentford and he’s done it twice so far in the first half.

Soumare our best player so far. KDH so frustrating because he sees the right pass, but never makes it.

Thomas out of his depth
Agree Soumare has been OK. Youri has been fine too. We just have no shape, no confidence, no idea

Have to say, Justin? He needs a kick up the BN
Moment at the end there where he got the ball and in the past would have driven forward with it. Today he turned and passed it back lost momentum

My observations of the first half are that whoever is sitting behind Wout Faes must be frustrated by his big air

Agree Soumare has been OK. Youri has been fine too. We just have no shape, no confidence, no idea

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Youri is the heartbeat of this team, his tempo dictates how we play. So far he’s hidden or played the simple ball. He’s better than that and needs to start showing it if he wants to move to a Champs League team

Soumare our best player so far. KDH so frustrating because he sees the right pass, but never completes it.

Thomas out of his depth

And if Maddison waits for the ball rather than going to it one more time I’m going to lose my mind. It cost us against Brentford and he’s done it twice so far in the first half.
Maddison has been our only creative player. He must be ****ing fuming that those around him aren't even on the same page (except Tielemans who has been hard at work).

Its the same problems for us though - not enough players in attack as we don't have a natural right winger.

We then make the RB essentially our attacking output on the right which leaves us woefully exposed when we inevitably lose the ball.

Playing players out of position like Maddison doesn't help as they naturally draw to their preferred positions, which again, leaves us massively exposed and also nullifies our greatest threat.

It really is amateurish that we haven't been able to sign a right winger since Mahrez.

I'm even at the point where I think Albrighton would probably be a better option there as it would at least give us much better structure in the team.

A team with zero confidence

Zero ability to play a final 3rd pass

Zero movement off the ball

Still playing a nice bit of Rodgers ball.

3 years and we still don't understand the basics required to make this style of football work.

**** off Rodgers because you are selling these lads down the river with your insistence on style and absurd selections.

Its the same problems for us though - not enough players in attack as we don't have a natural right winger.

We then make the RB essentially our attacking output on the right which leaves us woefully exposed when we inevitably lose the ball.

Playing players out of position like Maddison doesn't help as they naturally draw to their preferred positions, which again, leaves us massively exposed and also nullifies our greatest threat.

It really is amateurish that we haven't been able to sign a right winger since Mahrez.

I'm even at the point where I think Albrighton would probably be a better option there as it would at least give us much better structure in the team.
Its a bit mad that Albrighton hasnt had a chance.

It’s criminal that Maddison and Tielemans are in positions that they can’t take their game to the opposition. We simply have to get them in to better more imposing midfield areas.

Soumare our motm by a ****ing mile.

They are absolutely shit and they will take all 3

It’s criminal that Maddison and Tielemans are in positions that they can’t take their game to the opposition. We simply have to get them in to better more imposing midfield areas.
Nothing to do with the manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570