Pre Match Leicester v Norwich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go home Jeff, you’re drunk.

It doesn't matter who we put out. If they can't do the basics right, Norwich will walk straight through us.

We have to change something. Continuously doing the same thing is getting us ****ing nowhere.

I want to see fullbacks. I want to see our wingers supported by players running past them, and doubling up on the wing. We need more creativity and I think this would bring it.

Mads
Ricardo, Coady, Vestergaard, Justin
Winks, Ndidi
Fatawu, KDH, Mavididi
Vardy

Might not be massively different on paper, but playing the fullbacks as full backs and having them add more width, so our wingers have support and we will still have a wide option when they cut inside would really help give us more options in attack.

I'd consider Albrighton at right back and move Ricardo to CM too.

I’m not saying he’s pulled up any trees since we signed him, but we’re desperately lacking a bit of character at the minute and it could be that someone like Coady might be useful in the team?

We have to change something. Continuously doing the same thing is getting us ****ing nowhere.

I want to see fullbacks. I want to see our wingers supported by players running past them, and doubling up on the wing. We need more creativity and I think this would bring it.

Mads
Ricardo, Coady, Vestergaard, Justin
Winks, Ndidi
Fatawu, KDH, Mavididi
Vardy

Might not be massively different on paper, but playing the fullbacks as full backs and having them add more width, so our wingers have support and we will still have a wide option when they cut inside would really help give us more options in attack.

I'd consider Albrighton at right back and move Ricardo to CM too.
Looking at Faes' heat map, he was doing exactly as you ask. He was pretty much playing as a right wing back in the second half and was often much higher up the pitch than the winger.

I’m not saying he’s pulled up any trees since we signed him, but we’re desperately lacking a bit of character at the minute and it could be that someone like Coady might be useful in the team?
I'd probably put him in ahead of Faes but he won't get up the pitch like Faes does.

Let’s face it, however bad it gets Enzo isn’t going to try a different formation or mix it up at all. I’ve appreciated most of what he’s done this season but the lack of any flexibility is becoming a liability. This is where his managerial reputation is on the line. It’s a big few weeks for him as well.

Let’s face it, however bad it gets Enzo isn’t going to try a different formation or mix it up at all. I’ve appreciated most of what he’s done this season but the lack of any flexibility is becoming a liability. This is where his managerial reputation is on the line. It’s a big few weeks for him as well.

It is, and surely, surely he gets to the point where he HAS to change it

If not, he's not going to have much of a managerial career.

They’re in great form, and I’m afraid they will give us a right good shafting

It does make you wonder what he is seeing. The wingers are so isolated when they get the ball and there is often just Vardy/Daka in the middle. We also just need to move the ball quicker. It’s painful.

It is, and surely, surely he gets to the point where he HAS to change it

If not, he's not going to have much of a managerial career.

He won't change it. I'd also be surprised if he has much of a managerial career. After ****ing this season I can't imagine their being huge demand for him.

Our only “saving grace” is that perhaps Norwich don’t want to see Ipswich promoted so maybe they won’t try too hard.

That will be both teams then.

I'd probably put him in ahead of Faes but he won't get up the pitch like Faes does.
So yet another player playing out of position then, to add to the collection.

Money to be made here

Did you see Faes’ touch map? He was basically playing in the Ricardo role under Rodgers.

Another one to add to the collection of Ricardo in central midfield, Justin at centre back, Ndidi at number 8, Cannon on the wing, Yunus central midfield…

Did you see Faes’ touch map? He was basically playing in the Ricardo role under Rodgers.

Another one to add to the collection of Ricardo in central midfield, Justin at centre back, Ndidi at number 8, Cannon on the wing, Yunus central midfield…
Basically a nightmare scenario fantasy league team when half your players are injured & you've no transfers left.
It's why I've never been overly critical of Yunus. Poor bloke was signed as a winger but has he ever played there? Poor ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363