Match Thread Leicester v Nottingham Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
The player sign up page clearly says "Works on Mac and PC worldwide" so the fact that some people can get it to work on android devices is a bonus.

The mobile site won't work and I think that is what they mean by "not available for smartphones". Obviously Apple products won't work unless an App has been made for them because of the retarded Flash avoidance, but android will work fine as long as you don't use the mobile site. Essentially an android device is a PC.

Player is totally and utterly shit, wont even work on a PC now, the service and reliability is pathetic. Joke of a service.

I've never had a problem with it, apart from Stringy of course, after using it for years. It is possible that the PC you're using is at fault

Somebody - I think it might have been SJN - got in touch with the people that run Player and they told him there were no such plans.

Fair enough, I've heard from different sources related to the company that they are aware having the element built in flash is not ideal and needs to be sorted.

android will work fine as long as you don't use the mobile site.

I wouldn't say it works fine.

It won't work at all on some android devices, because the required version of flash isn't available.

The right version of flash has never been released for my phone, so I'm having to use a hacked version.
Some android phones just don't have a powerful enough processor to run flash properly.

And even if you have the right version of flash the site itself is awful to use on a small screen (even though my screen is big for a phone I struggle to use it). I can't make it work at all on some browsers because the login box doesn't appear properly. That's why I recommend using the accessible version.

Amazing the lengths we will go to to listen to a couple of divs waffle endlessly.

Schlupp is getting ready to come on... and Alan Young thinks it will be for Beckford or Nugent. Unless Pearson decides to change the shape.

I wouldn't say it works fine.

It won't work at all on some android devices, because the required version of flash isn't available.

The right version of flash has never been released for my phone, so I'm having to use a hacked version.
Some android phones just don't have a powerful enough processor to run flash properly.

And even if you have the right version of flash the site itself is awful to use on a small screen (even though my screen is big for a phone I struggle to use it). I can't make it work at all on some browsers because the login box doesn't appear properly. That's why I recommend using the accessible version.

Sorry Jeff, when I said 'fine' I didn't mean that it was perfectly user firiendly - it's far from it. I was only saying that android devices are capable of logging in and playing content. I was simply responding to the statement that content cannot be played on smart phones etc There is no specifically designed app or interface, but as you say, as long as the software is up to date, android devices are capable.

there's a lot of acting going on from the Forest side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670