Pre Match Leicester v Sheffield Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so you don't have a problem with that suggested switch.

I only made two others. Your entire argument is then that selecting Nelson and Coady over Faes and Vestergaard threatens out chances of beating Sheff Wed and ultimately going up?

I didn't notice that Sheff Wed now have Haaland and Mbappe up front for them.
It's like you've forgotten what happened last time we dropped 2 jey players against them.

Nelson isn't a patch on Vestergaard and Coady is a ****ing billion miles away from Faes.

Really, stop it.

It's like you've forgotten what happened last time we dropped 2 jey players against them.

Nelson isn't a patch on Vestergaard and Coady is a ****ing billion miles away from Faes.

Really, stop it.

Plus Will Alves hasn't played a single minute of competitive football for a squillionty days, so yeah let's start him.....

...when we have Southampton and Leeds breathing down our necks.

Would you say that QPR are breathing down Watford's necks? It's the same points difference, but that would be a difficult argument to make!

I small amount of rotation is fine big changes would not be. Enzo has been very open about picking his forward line to counter the opponent's defensive line, maybe he will do this with the defenders too but I'd be comfortable with Ricardo getting a rest. The last thing we should want is for Vestergaard to be rushed back and breakdown, so if there's the slightest question over him I'd start Nelson-he's done enough to get more game time and if he's not good enough to get against the team in 23rd there is no hope for him.

Would you say that QPR are breathing down Watford's necks? It's the same points difference, but that would be a difficult argument to make!

I small amount of rotation is fine big changes would not be. Enzo has been very open about picking his forward line to counter the opponent's defensive line, maybe he will do this with the defenders too but I'd be comfortable with Ricardo getting a rest. The last thing we should want is for Vestergaard to be rushed back and breakdown, so if there's the slightest question over him I'd start Nelson-he's done enough to get more game time and if he's not good enough to get against the team in 23rd there is no hope for him.
Having Ricardo and Vestergaard out unnecessarily would not be 'small changes' though. It would be wibblybonkerwank of the Lord Byron kind.

This Nelson love in is weird. He's got real potential but he's hardly set the world alight in the games he has played. He's been 'alright' at best. I'm all for getting players through the ranks but there's a time for all that. Now isn't it.

Nelson looks a cut above to me, I think for his age and experience he’s been hugely impressive in his appearances.

Now, should he start over Vestergaard? Of course not.

I see your point but QPR aren’t on a 22 game undefeated league streak which culminated in Southampton coming back from behind twice at the weekend with the first comeback being a 0-2 deficit.

There’s a difference.

Aargh panic panic. It's raining out there.

It'll suit them northerners.

And it's dark.

We're doooooomed.

Aargh panic panic. None of our players are good enough for the PL.

We need to play all the kids quickly before they melt.

And we've won this league by a squillion points already so we can't let these bastards carry on playing.

We're doooooomed.
I know.

Pathetic isn't it.

This is Leicester City’s first home league match against Sheffield Wednesday since a 2-1 victory in April 2014 under Nigel Pearson.

The reverse fixture between Leicester and Sheffield Wednesday this season ended 1-1 at Hillsborough – the two sides haven’t shared two draws in a season since 2002-03.

Leicester have won six of their last seven league games at the King Power Stadium (D1), their longest unbeaten run in league competition since December 2019 (11 games).

Sheffield Wednesday have lost more away games in the Championship than any other side this season (12), while they’ve failed to score in nine of their 15 league games on the road in 2023-24.

Leicester’s Jamie Vardy has failed to score in three starts against Sheffield Wednesday in the Football League - only against Hull (4) has he started more such games without scoring against a specific side.

Two teams need to catch us for us not to get promoted automatically
Leeds are currently the form team. They have 8 of the bottom 9 to play and none of the top 6. We have Leeds and Southampton still to play....

Still, it's okay because Ladbrokes say we've already won the league so it must be a done deal.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566