Match Thread Leicester v Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, not sure. Not quite getting up and down the pitch like he used to. Last year when presented with an opportunity they would got full pelt at it. Now they are just too timid and hesitant. Very strange.
I don't think this is the issue. There's just no movement up top from Vardy or Slimani such as the type offered by Okazaki. Albrighton's work rate is as exceptional as ever but he has very little in front of him. There are also far too many passes bypassing the middle two altogether; defenders are searching for the 'Hollywood' long ball which wouldn't be so bad had the Vardy of old turned up so far this season.

There is also a physical dropping of heads when a corner is conceded; it's as if they're scared to death of them.

The movement up front is non existent. The front 2 seem unwilling to put the hard yards anymore. I thought Slimani was suppose to be a hard running, harrying player. Can't see it.

Last season heights were never going to be the same especially with extra games. I think this game emphasises how we need to change our shape.

We need more of a plan than just the long ball, it's been awful today.

Vardy also way off, I'd be tempted to take him off for Shinji.

Both teams cancelling each other out really. Hopefully we manage to nick one second half. I'd be surprised if there's more than one goal in this.

I'd say we're more hanging on, Soton playing very well and should be winning really.

We've only threatened from their mistakes and created nothing ourselves.

I still haven't got over the fact Musa isn't even on the bench.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

We're relying on too much long ball.

We need to move the ball around like we just did when we got that corner
Agree - we need to mix it up more - long ball is fine - but it seems to be our preferred option and S'hampton are ready for it - Albrighton and Mahrez need to work it further down the pitch. Still looking a bit nervous at corners. We look marginally the better side - but need to capitalise on it

Musa and Gray are very unlucky not to be making this team at the moment. Gray offers a creative spark that is sadly lacking from this abject display. Musa would offer all the running of Vardy and he couldn't have done much worse with the one-on-one chance gifted to us.

We just need to stop trying to hoof it forward in the hope that Vardy will suddenly recapture last season's form and play more football on the ground and through the midfield; it's a pretty simple game really.

Listening to the Foxes player for the first time in a while. The double summariser approach really doesn't work, Foulger and Gerry are constantly giving opinion whilst the listener barely has any idea what is happening on the pitch in real time.

Sounded in the first half that Vardy's running was the only things that created any chances, so wonder if people are being a bit harsh on here

Simpson back in. Hernandez possibly feels he did enough on Tuesday night to keep his place.
But perhaps against Southampton the extra attacking element Danny gives swung it in his favour

Apparently Shakey said before the match it was a tactical call as they felt Danny could cope better with the Southampton running

Get Shinji and Gray on for Vardy & Albrighton imo.

Get some players on who like to have the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669