Pre Match Leicester v Tottenham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Referee: Jonathan Moss.
Assistants: Marc Perry, Timothy Wood.
Fourth official: Robert Jones.
VAR:Simon Hooper.
Assistant VAR: Mark Scholes.

Castagne out for 8-9 weeks. Soumare back in training but sounds like he'll be on the bench only.

Daka, Dewsbury-Hall, Thomas, Soyuncu and Justin all available. Justin to be managed but looks very fit.

Did BR give any more info on Timmy??

It's as I mentioned before. He's had a recurring bleed in his thigh that they've not been able to sort so he's had to get an operation.

I think 8-9 weeks out is a pure guess from the club. Personally wouldn't be surprised if he's out for the rest of the season.

It's as I mentioned before. He's had a recurring bleed in his thigh that they've not been able to sort so he's had to get an operation.

I think 8-9 weeks out is a pure guess from the club. Personally wouldn't be surprised if he's out for the rest of the season.
Fair enough, I thought there might have been further diagnosis now they had given a time frame on it.

It wouldn't surprise me either as I read an article yesterday that had the quotes from BR about draining the blood and it really came across that they didn't have a clue what was causing it!

Head-to-head

• The 14 meetings since Leicester's top-flight return in 2014 have produced 54 goals.
  • Only one of the 102 league games between these teams has ended goalless. That was in the second tier at White Hart Lane in March 1948.
  • Tottenham are one short of 50 league wins and 200 league goals against the Foxes.

Leicester City

• Leicester could win four consecutive Premier League home matches for only the second time under Brendan Rodgers, having managed seven in a row from August to December 2019.
  • They haven't lost their first league game of the year since 2008. They are looking to win their opening league fixture in five consecutive years for the first time in their history.
  • The Foxes have let in 33 Premier League goals this season, more than any other side in the top half of the table. They have conceded an unrivalled 16 times from a set-piece situation.
  • James Maddison has been involved in seven goals in his past six Premier League appearances, scoring four and setting up three. It's a better record than he managed in his previous 26 league games combined.
  • Marc Albrighton is one short of 300 career league appearances.

Tottenham Hotspur

• Antonio Conte is the first Tottenham manager to remain unbeaten in his first eight Premier League fixtures in charge (W5, D3).
  • Spurs could win successive Premier League away matches in 2021-22 for the first time.
  • Harry Kane scored two goals in 13 appearances on loan at Leicester in the Championship in the 2012-13 season.
  • Tottenham have only earned five points from their past seven league games without Son Heung-min.
  • Conte was unbeaten in his six competitive matches as Chelsea manager against Leicester, winning on all four visits to the King Power Stadium.

Schmeichel
Albrighton Justin Soyuncu Thomas
Soumare
Tielemans Dewsbury-Hall
Barnes Maddison Lookman

Rotate the front 3 like we did v Watford, hope to play them off the park. if we need to go more direct get Daka on for Barnes or Lookman. We can always bring on Vestegaard if we need to give Justin a breather.

Not the side I'd pick but this is what I expect BR to do:

Schmeichel
Choudhury Vestergaard Soyuncu
Albrighton Dewsbury-Hall Tielemans Thomas
Maddison Lookman
Daka

Subs: Ward, Daley-Campbell, Soumare, Brunt, Justin, Barnes, Perez, Nelson, McAteer

Genuinely haven't given much thought to this as games don't seem to happen nowadays. Hope we smash the ****s.

Amartey won't be available tomorrow, but will be home before the Sunday game v Brighton you'd imagine....Comoros have just dumped Ghana out in the group stages after Ayew got sent off in the first 25 mins.
Not related to Tottenham but Brighton look brilliant v Chelsea they'll give us a massive test on Sunday....great possession football and massive geezers from corners - Webster and Burn.

It's a real shame we couldn't carry on after the Liverpool game.

The crowd were up, we had momentum and good feeling. I feel like that's all back to being flat tonight.

Just caught a full dose of the annual “I ****ing hate losing to these tossers” feeling.
Ditto.

This fixture is one of those where my desire to not lose is greater than my desire to win. I know it's not the case but it always seems like they humiliate us at ours.

I've got so used to games not happening that I completely forgot this game is on tonight, and booked a physio appointment at the same time :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263