Match Thread Leicester v Tottenham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on.
Don't get embarrassed, get stuck in, and give us something to cheer.

Just imagine we somehow get something tonight....

We'll get battered won't we.

This is probably the least excited I have ever been for the opening match of a season.

Let's be honest, if one of the other promoted teams had lost their manager and their best player then we would be laughing at them and saying that's one relegation place covered.

Then when you combine that with poor transfer activity compared to the other promoted teams, and a potential points deduction then we really could be in for a Sheff Utd/Derby style season I'm afraid.

I hope I'm wrong but looking at that team, and what we seen in pre-season then I really struggle to see where the quality is that will keep us up and I fear an early goal tonight could lead to an embarrassing defeat already.

A point tonight would a a fantastic result for us and we just have to try and keep it tight for as long as possible.

Their front 4 terrifies me.

Son, who scores against us for fun.
Maddison against his former club
Ex-Forest Brennan Johnson
And Solanke, who I feel has had a fair few against us too.

Marc Allbrighton talking about Vardy on Radio5 "He has made a conscious effort to look after himself so he can continue to play for us as long as he has been doing".

Interesting that he says "play for us".

I don't think I've ever thought this before an opening game, but I'd take a competitive 2-0 loss here if you offered it to me now.

We've left 2 of our best players on the bench.

Seeing Vardy is a nice surprise but also a worry and I hope we're not doing more damage there. Hopefully it's been mind games from the manager but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46