Match Thread Leicester v Valencia (friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray having his foot iced in training apparently.

Tonight's game is about fitness. Maybe the plan was to give some players 90 minutes for the under 23s this afternoon, and some 90 minutes tonight.

Well isn't that what the gym is for? Matches should be match sharpness as you don't need to play football to be fit.

Also, I get that entirely but why not give the under 23s 90 mins in their game and not the seniors.

Playing players like Benny is just a complete waste of time and if anything, he should be playing in the U23 matches and not Simpson. After all, if its only about fitness it won't really matter what position they play in.

Why the **** were King and Simpson playing this afternoon when we have some right dross in there tonight!?!

Also surprised at no Gray again as I'm sure the team sheet posted in here didn't have him on the bench for the last game either.

Lots of pressure on Maddison as he is literally the only creative player out there tonight.
who exactly were King and Simpson going to replace? they both need minutes especially Simpson so being able to play more in an U23 game is a good use of them
No Gray Okazaki King Simpson Musa Slimani or Ulloa.

If they aren’t part of the plan then why in the blue **** have they been playing in the friendlies prior?

I honestly can’t piece together the plan at all. Can someone more enlightened show me the way?
Shinji hasn't featured yet in pre season
Gray having his foot iced in training apparently.
that answers that one then

why not give the under 23s 90 mins in their game and not the seniors.

Because it's more important for the senior players to be match fit.

Playing players like Benny is just a complete waste of time

If Evans is injured for the start of the season we might need Benalouane to be match fit.
Hopefully we'll sign another central defender before then, but it makes sense for him to be ready if he is needed. Or would you rather put a kid in the team at Old Trafford?

If Evans is injured for the start of the season we might need Benalouane to be match fit.
Hopefully we'll sign another central defender before then, but it makes sense for him to be ready if he is needed. Or would you rather put a kid in the team at Old Trafford?

Would make sense to play anyone ahead of Benny. Probably even try Musa there before selecting him.

Could be a good game.
The ref is Jon Moss.

Chill your beans, bedwetters. Got a whole 9 days until the season kicks off and another 3 until the window closes.....

Sweet baby Jebus this season is shaping up to be a bad’un.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566