Pre Match Leicester v Watford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth would you speculate that we would keep a clean sheet at the moment? We've kept 3 all season. That includes one in the premier league,by the way, and only one. Idiot.
Because Lawro puts no thought into his predictions at all?

I'm thinking that we have to go with 4-2-3-1 over the next few matches. There needs to be some rotation each game and we really need to play at pace to make the level of improvement required to start winning.

There are two massive calls that are really worth debating. Our two legends are both in poor form and contributing little. Schmeichel is not stopping much and is a key contributor to a nervous defence. Vardy is non-existent as an attacking threat over recent games - 3 shots in his last 4 games - no goals and no assists.

Has BR got the guts to make changes here? Obviously not, but I think we're closer than ever before to there genuinely being a case to swap these players out and be stronger for it.

The issue in goal is the option of Ward. I just don't see him as a viable alternative. He's no better with his feet and he's no better at shot stopping. He is a little better at coming off his line but not significantly so. Is it worth a change just to send a message to the squad that no player is currently doing enough and nobody is beyond being dropped? I'd argue yes, but in this case, I just don't have enough faith in Ward.

The story is different with Vardy. There are two viable alternatives to him who are both arguably more likely to score and assist than he is right now. So I'd make that switch tomorrow.

My line up.

Schmeichel
Castagne Evans Soyuncu Thomas
Ndidi Soumare
Albrighton Maddison Barnes
Iheanacho

I don't see a case for Dewsbury-Hall ahead of Soumare yet. He's getting closer but he's still not trustworthy enough in possession. I don't want Lookman anywhere near the team. Albrighton starts for stability rather than any great faith in him. Perez is probably the right call but I can't quite bring myself to do it. The other dodgy one is Thomas. I don't think he's good enough but we don't have another option as long as Bertrand is playing like a zombie.

He won't play Thomas. As he'll be up against Sarr.
I think Sarr is injured.

They still have quite a bit of pace up front though, don’t trust Thomas in the Prem at all at the minute.

Shouldn’t play Lookman or Soumare - they’ve been ****ing rubbish

We only have one choice in every position across the back four - and Wilf in front of em

Barnes, Vardy Maddison must play up front - other two are a lottery, really

Why the plums is Brentfod v Everton on Sky when Ranieri is bringing a free scoring Watford back to the side he won the title with. Bonkers.

Why the plums is Brentfod v Everton on Sky when Ranieri is bringing a free scoring Watford back to the side he won the title with. Bonkers.
Because Brentford v Everton was moved for TV while our game was moved because of our EL game on Thursday.

Barnes, Maddison and Vardy have to start. Criticism of Schmeichel is ludicrous given that he's made more saves than most keepers in the league so far (I mean, he's had to, let's be honest).

Starting Soumare would be akin to starting with 10 men. That position should go to KDH but it won't. He'll start that clodhopping poor man's Mendy.

The defence kind of picks itself (unfortunately). I'd go for a four of Castagne, Evans, Amartey, Thomas but I fully expect to see Soyuncu in Amartey's place.

Let's be honest, it's all about outscoring them because we sure as shit ain't getting a clean sheet.

If you're interested, today's audiobook is 'A Universe From Nothing' by Lawrence Krauss

Must win game to get us back on some sort of track and have us looking forward to Justin, Tielemans, Ricardo return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566