Pre Match Leicester v West Bromwich Albion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coady is massively short of match fitness now.

He's also liable to be exposed in a wide defensive position just as badly, if not more so, than Faes. It's Coady or Vestergaard and EM made his choice a long time ago.

The time has come and gone where we could make such a change.
I can’t cope with Faes swanning around like he either gives no ****s or he thinks we are already promoted. Coady would give more. He’d bring communication to what we do and hold people to account. Faes would by contrast hold his arms up when the ball sails in like he wasn’t the dickhead who left the gaping hole in our defence.

I can’t cope with Faes swanning around like he either gives no ****s or he thinks we are already promoted. Coady would give more. He’d bring communication to what we do and hold people to account. Faes would by contrast hold his arms up when the ball sails in like he wasn’t the dickhead who left the gaping hole in our defence.

Four games to play - we need leaders with a bit of ****ing backbone to see this through.
Faes is not one of those

I suspect Coady is one person who is. In which case ****ing play him, regardless of fitness

I'd personally also have Albrighton in the team, again even though fitness is bound to be an issue. He should at least be coming on for the last half an hour.
He's a fighter, not a fanny.

Wait until you here the latest system and it's yield this year. It Will blow your mind

Leicester City have won each of their last four league games against West Bromwich Albion, a run which has seen the Foxes score 2+ goals in each of those matches.

West Bromwich Albion have lost just one of their last nine away league games against Leicester City (W5 D3), although that sole defeat did come on their last visit to the King Power Stadium during a 3-0 Premier League loss in April 2021.

Leicester City have failed to win just five of their 20 home league games this season (D1 L4), a run which has seen the Foxes score 40 goals in total and fail to score on just two occasions.

West Bromwich Albion are unbeaten across their last seven away league games (W2 D5); the Baggies haven’t enjoyed a longer such streak since a run of eight matches between October 2019 and January 2020.

Leicester City have kept eight clean sheets on home soil in the Championship this season, the Foxes most in a league season since the 2015-16 campaign (9) when they lifted the Premier League trophy for the first and only time to date.

Okay, good news. I've arrived in England from Oz, really it's for my daughters wedding, but I got tickets for the game. It's good news because the last time I got home it was for that fantastic Forest game, which ended our slump..... until I went back again. So the gods of football clearly appreciate me being there. This one, at least, is in the bag!

Put Souttar up top. Tell both wingers to go for the line and whip in cross after cross. They certainly won't be expecting it.

If Ricardo is struggling, we'll be better off holding him back to play against Southampton on Tuesday.

Vardy has been totally shite recently so no loss. I'd start Iheanacho tomorrow.
I think this is right. Choudhury is a massive downgrade, but I do think we should be fair - he's far better than I expected him to be at the start of the season and the dawn of the new system. Iheanacho is better at tieing in the central midfield, so that support will be needed if the Shepshed di Stefano is absent. That said, I'd be tempted to start him in that deeper role and have Daka upfront.

If Vardy is unfit it simply has to be Cannon up top, and hope Vardy can make the last 20 minutes

Daka is finished for this season after the last couple of games - there is no coming back from that - and Nacho stopped being a footballer a long time ago.
They should both be allowed to go off on their holidays now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570