Pre Match Leicester v West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think Vardy and Gray will start if they feel ready, id like to see Suyuncu start , its been a while coming but ive great hopes for this boy. Im sure it will be a tough game but feel confident we can clinch a 3-1 win Vardy Iheanacho, Gray

Shinji is not creative, he’s a willing hard worker

But I think his hard work makes us more creative as a team.

I also think Shinji does more than just work hard. He has good movement, and is good at working space with quick 1-2s around the edge of the box.

This and the hard work both open up space and I think will give more chances for Vardy and Maddison.

Shinji is fantastic in a team that doesn’t like having the ball (ie Ranieri’s style).

He just isn’t good enough with the ball at his feet to be able to play in a team that likes keeping possession (ie Puel’s style).

It’s best for both parties that we part ways, sadly.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• Leicester have lost just one of their last seven Premier League games against West Ham (W4, D2).
  • West Ham are attempting to win consecutive league games at Leicester for the first time since 1997, having ended a six-match winless run at the King Power last season.
Leicester City

• Leicester could lose consecutive Premier League home games for the first time in more than a year.
  • They are also in danger of registering three successive league defeats for the first time since Claudio Ranieri lost five in a row and was sacked.
  • However, they could equal the club record of five wins in the opening 10 games of a Premier League campaign.
  • Leicester have kept just four clean sheets in 23 fixtures, conceding 43 goals.
  • The Foxes have earned a league-high three red cards - two of them for Wes Morgan.
  • James Maddison has been fouled 23 times in the Premier League - second only to Eden Hazard's 25.
  • Maddison has created 18 goalscoring chances in the Premier League, more than any other English player this season.
West Ham United

• West Ham's seven points from nine games is their worst return at this stage of the season since 2010-11, when they finished bottom.
  • They have lost seven of their last 10 away games in the Premier League (W2, D1).
  • Their only clean sheet in 13 Premier League away fixtures came in a 2-0 victory at Leicester in May.
  • West Ham have conceded 27 league away goals in 2018; only Leicester, with 30, have a worse record.
  • The Hammers have received an unrivalled 25 yellow cards in 2018-19.
  • Lukasz Fabianski has made 38 saves, only bettered in the Premier League by Joe Hart's 46 for Burnley.

Good news. No one bigger than the team. If vardy can't adapt he can go. Why should the team revolve around him?
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ie-vardy-dropping-striker-west-ham-clash/amp/

I agree, him running off at 3-1 down was not because he'd suddenly developed an issue.

We've got a player with the highest chance creation in the league, yet vardy's barely noticeable on the pitch at times.

Of course, all this means is that Puel will be sacked very soon

I think the Vardy being dropped story is bollocks. Its the media playing on a potential starting lineup change to try and make a story.

If Vardy was ill enough to actually run off the pitch Monday, it stands to reason he could still be ill or not 100% so reasonable he could be left out.

But it's a great chance for the media to stir it up a bit. Coupled with them trying to quote Rebekah Vardeh from her liking a couple of tweets...

And even then he might start anyway.

He’s not dropping him, Vardy isn’t fit, of course dropping is a sexier headline

Easy to read into it being more than that. He's been playing in a bit of a mood for a while and his wife's not helping with rumours. Trouble is we don't have any other strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757