Pre Match Leicester v Yeovil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that he is more likely to play De Laet after his poor performance. Give him an opportunity to get the bad performance out of his system.

Oh and wouldn't it be typical if little Yeovil were the team to end our unbeaten run. A potentially tricky fixture as I expect they will bombard us aerially and this is perhaps one of our weaknesses.

I think that he is more likely to play De Laet after his poor performance. Give him an opportunity to get the bad performance out of his system.

Oh and wouldn't it be typical if little Yeovil were the team to end our unbeaten run. A potentially tricky fixture as I expect they will bombard us aerially and this is perhaps one of our weaknesses.
So, 2-1 to Yeovil then?

Just put the best team out 3 points and we are nearly there. Worry about Burnley on the day. Points in the bag job done.

Last edited:
So, 2-1 to Yeovil then?

We should win but we shouldn't underestimate them. They are fighting for their lives. I'm going for either a 4-0 win to us or a 2-1 win for them. Or a draw. :icon_wink

Last edited:
This thread is now complete. dpj, Joe, Micky and me have done our duty.

I am sure that the more unsavoury of our supporters will start chants along the lines "Your support is f______ shit" to the small number of Yeovil fans. In this case they will be even more wrong than usual.

As a boy I knew a man who had played for Yeovil either before the war or just after. How proud he would have been to see this small club playing the likes of Leicester, Leeds and Forest.

Many Yeovil supporters will remember that until about ten years ago they were non-league. Those who come up from Somerset will know the odds are that their team will be beaten and still they will come. Whatever the score Yeovil supporters can be proud of their club and the club can be proud of their supporters.

I am sure that the more unsavoury of our supporters will start chants along the lines "Your support is f______ shit" to the small number of Yeovil fans. In this case they will be even more wrong than usual.

As a boy I knew a man who had played for Yeovil either before the war or just after. How proud he would have been to see this small club playing the likes of Leicester, Leeds and Forest.

Many Yeovil supporters will remember that until about ten years ago they were non-league. Those who come up from Somerset will know the odds are that their team will be beaten and still they will come. Whatever the score Yeovil supporters can be proud of their club and the club can be proud of their supporters.

:038:

Fully agree DG.
I would like to see Yeovil avoid relegation, but I don't want us to help their situation tomorrow night.

Another professional performance from the Foxes will do just fine.

Let's encourage a more appropriate chant:

"Your support is f______ small, but remarkably dedicated, so well done for that"

The season Yeovil were promoted to the football league I went to watch them play Nuneaton Borough. They were billed as an unstoppable Yeovil side that were destined for promotion and Nuneaton were struggling badly.

It was the best 0-0 I've ever been to as it still felt like a win. Yeovil dominated from start to finish and only a Chris Mackenzie penalty save kept them from winning it.

Loved it!

Last edited:

I recall in 1972 I went to watch Yeovil town play Rugby Town in the FA trophy. Yeovil were in the equivalent of the conference then and Rugby were half way down the southern league somewhere and about to go bust. We should never have won but got a last minute winner in a cracking 3-2 game. The Yeovil fans were hugely complimentary to us and wished us well, and that was in the 1970's cauldron of football violence. I have had a bit of a soft spot for them ever since. I hope they win every game after this one and stay up.

I think this is a really big game. I feel that being the way that Leicester fans are that if we were to draw or lose here and then struggle in our next two tricky games at Burnley and Wigan that people will start over reacting and panicking and this could have a effect on the players. I personally don't feel that we need to worry because I honestly believe with just one more win we will probably be promoted as I just don't think that any of the teams below us have the consistency or quality to maintain a serious push towards us come the end of the season. As for tomorrow I am going to be confident and go for a 2-0 city win - Mahrez and Nuge, be nice to see Dyer back from injury as I' ve not heard when he's meant to be back? Come on Leicester, lets get this done.

Last edited:
I'm taking my new girlfriend to this. It will also be her first live game of footy ever so I'm hoping we can get a few goals, play some good football and hopefully give her the bug to want to come back again.

I'm taking my new girlfriend to this. It will also be her first live game of footy ever so I'm hoping we can get a few goals, play some good football and hopefully give her the bug to want to come back again.
We're doooooomed!

And if we lose then you'll have to get rid?

Got any pics to prove she is a she?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570