Leicester versus Coventry thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good win although we did seem to dilly dally with the ball at times. Better teams would have had a field day. Also, Stewart took the worst throw in I have ever seen.

The timing of the second goal was the clincher IMO.

As for the criticism on Connelly, if he had curled that shot in the dying minutes into the far corner then the criticism would be rare, but he didn't score and he is our 'main' striker so I understand the criticism but, and it's a big but (shut it Marco), Connelly is a tidy player, ok he looks a bit like a nifty fifties bin man but if looks won matches then it'd be totally gay. His passing is good, his control too. He keeps a move going be meeting the ball and hoying it to the wings and allowing more men forward. This guy will becoem a hero, he justs needs a team to ignore him and then he'll get a brace. Also, when Chris Kamara and other tits in a trance keep saying "Connelly finishes for fun..." it heaps the pressure on him. Be patient with Connelly, he'll come good. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Anyway, 3-0 against the Covscum, I'm happy, pint anyone??

Joe_Fox said:
Good win although we did seem to dilly dally with the ball at times. Better teams would have had a field day. Also, Stewart took the worst throw in I have ever seen.

As for the criticism on Connely, if he had curled that shot in the dying minutes into the far corner then the criticism would be rare, but he didn't score and he is our 'main' striker so I understand the criticism but, and it's a big but (shut it Marco), Connely is a tidy player, ok he looks a bit like a nifty fifties bin man but if looks won matches then it'd be totally gay. His passing is good, his control too. He keeps a move going be meeting the ball and hoying it to the wings and allowing more men forward. This guy will becoem a hero, he justs needs a team to ignore him and then he'll get a brace. Also, when Chris Kamara and other tits in a trance keep saying "Connely finishes for fun..." it heaps the pressure on him. Be patient with Connely, he'll come good. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Who is 'Connely'. :shock: :oops: :? :? :roll:

Martyn said:
Right, because we won and 'it was our first for ages', people are supposed to be smoking Levein's cock and not allowed to point out obvious criticisms.

It wasn't a great performance and some players weren't that great. Things must have gotten bad, thats the 1st city game i've seen this season, and although it is of course great to get the win, there is much to work on.

The fact it was your first game this season explains alot. If you thought that wasnt great you should have been there for any other game this season. performances are relative and that was relativley superb comapred to what was dished up by Adams and Bassett.

Steven said:
Joe_Fox said:

As for the criticism on Connelly, if he had curled that shot in the dying minutes into the far corner then the criticism would be rare, but he didn't score and he is our 'main' striker so I understand the criticism but, and it's a big but (shut it Marco), Connelly is a tidy player, ok he looks a bit like a nifty fifties bin man but if looks won matches then it'd be totally gay. His passing is good, his control too. He keeps a move going be meeting the ball and hoying it to the wings and allowing more men forward. This guy will becoem a hero, he justs needs a team to ignore him and then he'll get a brace. Also, when Chris Kamara and other tits in a trance keep saying "Connelly finishes for fun..." it heaps the pressure on him. Be patient with Connelly, he'll come good. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Who is 'Connely'. :shock: :oops: :? :? :roll:

No idea.

Steven said:
Joe_Fox said:

That was almost funny. :roll: :p

What's all the "Nozin' around" Steve? That made me laugh. Brown nozin'?

It's a fair cop.

I thought it was a really poor Coventry side out but... were improving. For me Stewart & Gillespie looked abit sharper. Tiatto & Nalis for me were our key players while Heath & DABIZAS looked alot more solid, but then Coventry did only have 1 striker for the first half.

I have to admit though everytime Dabizas passed that ball back to Pressman I crapped myself!

If you watched it on the telly, how many times did Chris Kamara mention Tiatto being over committed? Even when Tiatto got fouled & walked away Kamara was saying it.

The real test will be against Sunderland, Elliott, Stewart & co. If we can win that, we close the gap to 4 points on them. Progress!!

I thought the wings worked quite well. Tiatto and Stewart kept swapping as did Gillespie and Canero. We had some shape for once.

I had a few quid on Heath to score at any time in the match..12/1,had a shout at the tele and drank some beer....a good night.
I was guilty though of shouting 'those words' when Coventry got the ball into our box a few times...those words being? 'just fecking hoof it away' :oops:

I seen that throw early on by Stewart. I thought it would be another "here we go again"

Connolly wasnt that bad. He could have won us a penalty & he put a few dangerous balls into the box.

Give him chance, look at Angel at Villa! It took him just over a season didn't it? It will come for Connolly I have no doubt, his international record & previous club records are good & he's not over the hill.

I don't believe for 1 minute he's crap. He's still not getting the right service he needs. Hopefully CL will work on that.

What bookies was that with mate?

Yeah I thought the wings were better. Nice little trick by Stewart later in the game so I'll forget the throwin now.

Was Tiatto captain against Crewe?

We will have to play a lot better to beat Sunderland IMO. I think we can do it though.

CL's first 2 games have been the lesser teams in this league, Sunderland will certainly put us to the test.

Don't expect us to win, we have the players but it's early days for CL. A draw wouldn't be a bad result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00