Pre Match Leicester vs Crystal Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIF

So time for a shake-up in the league team. We'll be brimming with confidence after the CL victory but also some players will feel complacent. Here's my starting 11

Kasper

Simpson
Hernandez
Huth
Chilwell

Albrighton
Drinkwater
King
Gray

Okazaki
Slimani

I think Morgan deserves a rest after his battle through the knock last night. Amartey could easily play in place of King (I think he's the better player) but King was great last night and deserves a chance to build on that with DD. I think mentally Mahrez could be a little off the boil after his 3rd CL goal so I'd rest him and get him to focus on the next CL game. Vardy has been pants in the prem and I think Okazaki could be a great foil for Slimani.

Although I'd rather put out a more attacking:

Kasper

Simpson
Hernandez
Huth

Albrighton
King
Drinkwater
Schlupp

Gray
Okazaki

Slimani

Morgan is the stand out player that needs to be rested (i was surprised he lasted the full match last night after his early injury, i respect his committment but hope it wasnt a bad decision which could make the injury worse. Gray must be due a start, id also rest Vardy for Musa. Its a game we could/should pick up 3 welcome points. I think we will 2-1 Slimani Gray

It's at home.

A "Must" win.

:p

Time for the return of:

Schmeichel

Simpson Hernandez Huth© Chilwell

Albrighton Drinkwater King Gray

Okazaki

Slimani​

Time to give those who deserve a start a start, and those who deserve to be dropped to be dropped.

Schmeichel

Simpson
Hernandez
Huth
Chilwell

Mahrez
Amartey
Drinkwater
Gray

Okazaki
Slimani

Must win.

Mentally

Chilwell and Gray down the same side seems like suicide to me. Two 19 year olds who can't defend.

Chilwell and Albrighton would be better.
Although I wouldn't drop Fuchs anyway.

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs
Mehrez Drinkwater king Albrighton
Vardy Slimani

We need to win. Strongest team to start.

Chilwell and Gray down the same side seems like suicide to me. Two 19 year olds who can't defend.

Vardy Slimani

Demarai Gray isn't 19. And he has definitely stepped up his tracking back and defending in the games I've seen him play this season.

Also, it might be worth us playing a goalkeeper. Or should we play rush goalie like the good old school days?

Vardy Slimani

If Chilwell can't defend why is he a defender? Why has he been selected for his England age category. You need to tell the management that he can't defend.

Like last season Kasper started slowly but improved throughout the matches he's played. Early in the season I thought that Zieler had a chance to displace him. Not now.

If Chilwell can't defend why is he a defender? Why has he been selected for his England age category. You need to tell the management that he can't defend.

Eh he's 19. He's still learning his trade. Defending and positioning is much harder to learn then ball work IMO.
Have you seen him play? His defensive work is not there yet. But he's fantastic on the ball.
Having two players in the side that are still learning positioning, one on one defending amd the rest is crazy.

Personally think Chilwell and Gray are fantastic players amd Chilwell could well become Englands next left back. But not yet.

I don't particularly rate Crystal Palace or their manager. I also do not rate our current performances. I think they have more match winners than us and also a physical edge. Benteke and Zaha to run us ragged and Palace to win 3-1.

What is this shit? http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/20...his-majesty-the-king-of-thailand-3376228.aspx

Frankly, I'd be embarrassed and furious if we did this for our Queen when she pegs it, let alone some irrelevant old loon from the other side of the world.

Our owners are welcome to believe in anything and anyone that they please, but photos of our entire training ground circling in silence, our squad kneeling in reverential prayer and this sort of nonsense are frankly out of order. Does nobody have the guts to stand up to them? Or does their money buy our dignity too?

If Thai people want to believe that this old man was somehow semi-divine that is just something to hold up for the idiocy it plainly is. Why should we be expected to show respect for such nonsense? I just about accepted them hijacking the trophy parade with their golden photo of the king after the Everton game. But this?

As a monarch, he undoubtedly did some decent things. However, in all likelihood, this man murdered his brother and supported the murder and imprisonment of thousands of objectors for over seventy years. His particular version of corruption led to our owners coining in the cash which they've wisely moved abroad and into 'legitimate' ventures in return for their unthinking adoration. That's their choice. It's also nothing we should have any part of celebrating.

If you've got any self-respect, please do not applaud this afternoon.

What is this shit? http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/20...his-majesty-the-king-of-thailand-3376228.aspx

Frankly, I'd be embarrassed and furious if we did this for our Queen when she pegs it, let alone some irrelevant old loon from the other side of the world.

Our owners are welcome to believe in anything and anyone that they please, but photos of our entire training ground circling in silence, our squad kneeling in reverential prayer and this sort of nonsense are frankly out of order. Does nobody have the guts to stand up to them? Or does their money buy our dignity too?

If Thai people want to believe that this old man was somehow semi-divine that is just something to hold up for the idiocy it plainly is. Why should we be expected to show respect for such nonsense? I just about accepted them hijacking the trophy parade with their golden photo of the king after the Everton game. But this?

As a monarch, he undoubtedly did some decent things. However, in all likelihood, this man murdered his brother and supported the murder and imprisonment of thousands of objectors for over seventy years. His particular version of corruption led to our owners coining in the cash which they've wisely moved abroad and into 'legitimate' ventures in return for their unthinking adoration. That's their choice. It's also nothing we should have any part of celebrating.

You'd have sold your soul for a prem trophy.

So your final paragraph completely flies against the rest of your post - bravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566