Pre Match Leicester Vs Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
MATCH FACTS

The Foxes have won just two of their last 18 Premier League matches on Sundays and have lost both of their previous Sunday games with Newcastle (in 1994 and 1997).

Steve Bruce is without a victory in his last six games as a manager against Leicester since a 2-1 victory in the Championship with Birmingham City in April 2007.

Yikes. I didn't realise our record on Sundays was so bad. That's genuinely pretty awful.

Our team the last time Bruce beat us is a thing to behold - can't see how this glorious side lost?!?!

Logan, Maybury, Stearman, Kisnorbo, Johansson, Mattock, Newton, Wesolowski, Jarrett, Hume, Fryatt.

Quiz question, name the three ex-City players that featured against us that day?

Yikes. I didn't realise our record on Sundays was so bad. That's genuinely pretty awful.

Our team the last time Bruce beat us is a thing to behold - can't see how this glorious side lost?!?!

Logan, Maybury, Stearman, Kisnorbo, Johansson, Mattock, Newton, Wesolowski, Jarrett, Hume, Fryatt.

Quiz question, name the three ex-City players that featured against us that day?
Jebus what a shit show that team was.

Did somebody say they lived in or near Huddersfield? We've just tied up in Aspsley Basin and I'm wondering which town centre pub might be best for watching the match.

Must have been Wigan.

Kirkland is one of them, methinks

.... but we still believed :)

Have a bad feeling about this one, that we’ll really struggle to cut through their defence.

0-0 draw.
8 shots, 1 on target.
67% possession.

Did somebody say they lived in or near Huddersfield? We've just tied up in Aspsley Basin and I'm wondering which town centre pub might be best for watching the match.
I used to live there - would recommend The Sportsman or The Grove for beer, can't remember if either have TV on though

No brainer:

Schmeichel
Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell
Tielemans Ndidi Praet
Perez Vardy Barnes

Subs: Ward, Justin, Morgan, Albrighton, Choudhury, Gray, Iheanacho
Even though your smashing statistics tell us that we should be playing Ndidi and Choudhury every game? Risky.

Were they ex-Leicester at the time or would they go on to play for Leicester?

If it’s the later then N’Gotty would be one.

I used to live there - would recommend The Sportsman or The Grove for beer, can't remember if either have TV on though
The two in the railway station are also good
We went in the White Swan at lunchtime but they didn't do food; they recommended the Vulcan a few streets away. Both are showing the match but the former lent us an umbrella to get through the monsoon on the way to the latter. So, the White Swan it is then so I can take the brolly back.

Are you having the same weather down in Leicester? It'll be difficult to play any kind of football in weather like this. The Vulcan had Barnsley v Brentford on. 1-1 at half-time but the conditions looked pretty bad.

Are you having the same weather down in Leicester? It'll be difficult to play any kind of football in weather like this. The Vulcan had Barnsley v Brentford on. 1-1 at half-time but the conditions looked pretty bad.
Its dry at the moment but forecast not good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758