Leicestershire Foxes Supporters Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

leicsfoxes1

Hi there,

Thought you guys might be interested in taking a look at my website - it's all about Leicestershire CCC and there will be a new forum set up in the next few days.

Cheers,

www.thisisspam.com

Last edited by a moderator:
spam.gif

Just thought it might be of interest to people who support Leicestershire. I don't do it for profit, I do it for the fans, so if you are not interested don't visit!

I already have that in my favourites, a very fine website :)

If you ever need any help moderating on the forum or writing articles then i'll be happy to oblige :)

Wouldnt call it spam, MHS.

I would call it spam, if someone has only come here to post an advert, that's against the forum rules.
I don't mind forum regulars posting links etc, but I don't like it if that's the only reason they come here - particularly if they're trying to get people to go on to their own forum instead of this one!

A bit like foxpodder. I can only recall 1 post that was made that didn't involve their site.

Just thought it might be of interest to people who support Leicestershire. I don't do it for profit, I do it for the fans, so if you are not interested don't visit!

Think of it like this.

If you want to promote an event to your local community, you might have some posters printed to put in local shop windows.

If you go into your local corner shop and ask nicely they may allow you to put your poster for free - especially if you're a customer.

But if you just wander in, put the poster up without asking permission, and then leave, not even buying anything, you'd expect them just to take it down immediately. But you wouldn't do that would you, it's not polite. So why do people think they have the right to free advertising on someone's website - without ever having to contribute to the website?

One of the rules you agreed to is this:
"If you wish to advertise your own website, you can add it to your profile. Anyone who joins the forum just to promote their own website will be banned."
So you really should understand why it pisses me off when someone breaks this rule with their first post.

Maybe once you've run your own forum for a while and have to put up with people signing up almost on a daily basis just to post spam, you'll realise why this policy is in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669