Leics CCC Marketing

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyfox

On Sunday i was very fortunate to watch the cricket from the late Trevor Bennett box.

As i scrolled along the Boxes the only one doing business was the kirby and west owned,and they were only there for an hour.

And this got me thinking do L.C.C.C advertise these boxes,and if so were.

It comes to no surprise to me we are not doing very well financially...i think there has to be some big changes if we are to move forward.

I paid for a box 5 years ago for my dads 60th,and it was £55 a head which was not bad as you get a meal...then sandwiches later+the drink is free.

Are they just happy to survive whats your thoughts?

On Sunday i was very fortunate to watch the cricket from the late Trevor Bennett box.

As i scrolled along the Boxes the only one doing business was the kirby and west owned,and they were only there for an hour.

And this got me thinking do L.C.C.C advertise these boxes,and if so were.

It comes to no surprise to me we are not doing very well financially...i think there has to be some big changes if we are to move forward.

I paid for a box 5 years ago for my dads 60th,and it was £55 a head which was not bad as you get a meal...then sandwiches later+the drink is free.

Are they just happy to survive whats your thoughts?

My take is that in the main, the County has a membership that isn't able/ willing to shell out much money.

Most of the members who turn up watch a lot of cricket for very little money (pro-rata).

I don't know if it would work, but I think the whole set up needs a big, big shake up. At the moment the place is stone dead with low standards on the field regarded as the norm and acceptable.

One small point re. marketing, is that LCCC do virtually nothing to promote matches to the sizeable club cricketing community of Leicestershire.

On the playing side, I think the approach is somewhat delusional. I don't believe that we have a crop of very talented young players that are going to transform the club's playing fortunes. I think that we actually have one young batter who may well make the England test squad in the next couple of years - and a number of other young players who are developing (or not in one or two cases) but would struggle to get games with almost any county.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669