Leics County Cricket 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

Battled to a draw today against Worcs, after being 8 down at tea (I think) and 9 down with an over to go. Behind for all of the game, but good to see us showing some spirit and looks like a fantastic century from Azad.

no wickets all game for our new fast bowler Hendricks though

Our season seems to have taken a bit of Leicester City feel already - Lewis Hill injured after first game, Rishi Patel injured for both, Wiann Mulder not arrived due to Covid and now Chris Wright injured after a few overs in the current match leaving us woefully short of bowling. Particularly as Hendricks so far seems to be one of those overseas bowlers we get who doesn’t take wickets…

Looking decidedly average against Derbyshire

Bowling attack looks very light without Chris Wright. And lack of first innings runs, again.
Which is shambolic seeing as we signed about 560 bowlers over the last year or so.

The recruitment and team selection is utterly abysmal at times.

I can only assume that Rhodes has something on Nico as to constantly put him in at 3 is criminal behaviour.

Looks like we’ll need to bat about 5 sessions to save this one.
Got embarrassed by a county with a small budget.

Squad is bloated with poor cricketers, particularly bowlers.

Refreshing to hear Nico really honest and scathing about the performance.
Bet he still picks the same duffers like Rhodes. Stealing a living some of them.

221 runs behind after first innings and we’re 17/3, with our two best batsmen gone. We’re getting worse.

Well this has been a shambles hasn’t it. Pretty much the same match repeated six times. Shocking first innings totals and easy runs for the opposition. No balls, run outs.

On the cricket show every week Nico and the coaching staff repeating they know it’s not good enough, have had honest words in the dressing room, need to get the basics right……

….and then repeat

Our overseas strike bowler has 4 wickets at an average of 140.
We’ve scored one century.
Our captain is averaging 19
Ed Barnes was picking up wickets but then left out for two matches

Only Azad, Mike and Patel can be at all satisfied so far surely.

So, we are currently playing Sussex - the only county near us in the division so far, and we are getting hammered.
Things are not looking good!

So, we are currently playing Sussex - the only county near us in the division so far, and we are getting hammered.
Things are not looking good!
They haven’t won since April last year.
Rain forecast until the afternoon, but it’s irrelevant either way in terms of the season.

A year or two back, I thought that we had turned the corner and the days of losing every county game were behind us.
Ah well, I'm sure there is a plan somewhere.

We have regressed big time and that is saying something as the standard wasn't high in the 1st place.

We seem to have signed about 400 players, all of which are varying degrees of shit.

Nico must be under huge pressure as I'm afraid it's just not good enough.

If they have the same level of performance in the blast then he needs to go and they need to get a decent coach in place like Derbyshire have.

I had a conversation about whether to by £20 tickets or the new £30 tickets that include a pie and pint and access to a restricted area for the T20 yesterday and finally plumped for I can't be bothered to watch this shower.

Change of captaincy already then. Parkinson takes over from Ackermann in the championship.

And our overseas bowler out tomorrow, rested/injured/dropped?

Just when you thought they couldn't get any worse........

So e laughable decisions in that lineup and batting order / opening bowlers today

Just when you thought they couldn't get any worse........

So e laughable decisions in that lineup and batting order / opening bowlers today
Azhar Ali will score a huge ton tomorrow, they’ll pile on 500 and we’ll battle into a fourth day somehow.

Azhar Ali will score a huge ton tomorrow, they’ll pile on 500 and we’ll battle into a fourth day somehow.
Some of the scores at that ground this season and we go and do that.

They seriously need to get someone else in as head coach. Just look at what it's done for Derbyshire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363