Leics v Somerset

Status
Not open for further replies.
284-5 close. Lead of 262 going into final day. Could be a good last day again!

118/7 :)

A win here would put us 10 points behind Derbyshire. If we can just overtake them then i'll be happy :)

Brilliant win, from the position in the first morning. Fair play to the back-up bowlers who delivered.

Vote for your player of the year here:
http://www.leicestershireccc.co.uk/vote.asp

Tough one between Ackerman, Broad and Nixon. I think the weight of HD's runs in all cricket decides it for me.

Broad seems to be getting the limelight but through runs and consistency, Ackerman should walk away with it. He is so prolific hes even had a TV channel named after him... Sky Sports HD :)

This will probably interest you, we've apparently lined up Richard Johnson for next season from somerset. If he stays fit (which seems to be a big if) then he could be a great signing.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/england/content/player/15522.html

Broad seems to be getting the limelight but through runs and consistency, Ackerman should walk away with it. He is so prolific hes even had a TV channel named after him... Sky Sports HD :)

This will probably interest you, we've apparently lined up Richard Johnson for next season from somerset. If he stays fit (which seems to be a big if) then he could be a great signing.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/england/content/player/15522.html

Ideal signing to back up the young lads.

Great win today. With games against Worcs and Essex it's almost 'in our hands'. :icon_wink For us to go up we'll need to win both games convincingly and hope Worcs and Essex remaining games are drawn/washed out.
Either way it's been encouraging in the last few weeks to see us win some games in the longer form.

HD gets my vote for player of the season by a mile.

As for the rumour about Richard Johnson, I'm not really sure if it'd be a good signing. Maybe the youngsters need an older head around ,but can't Masters/ an overseas player do this. Where did you hear this CM?

I saw it on another message board posted from a Somerset fan.

Bit of news for you Leicester fans...

With Somerset dithering over whether to offer Richard Johnson a new contract (and quite rightly - he's been rubbish this year!) he has apparently negotiated a move to Leicestershire.

It's unclear at this stage whether it is dependent on him being freed by Somerset, or whether he'll make the swicth anyway...

But a word of warning to Leicester fans, if he does go the Grace Road - don't expect to see him play more than about six games next season. And of those six, he'll play well in one - probably towards the end of the season when he's fishing for a new contract.

He sounds quite cynical!

Read in the Nottingham Evening Post today that Samit Patel of Notts, is out of contract at the end of the summer. Nothing has been decided about a new contract for him yet and Derbyshire are rumoured to be after him. He's only 21 and Leicester born. Think he'd make a good signing for us. Attacking batsmen and decent spin bowler.
Notts have also released Anurag Singh, Russell Warren and Greg Smith. Greg Smith has taken a lot of wickets in the last few seasons, would be a good signing for someone IMO.

Remember Samit Patel's hissy fit after we won the 20/20? It made the win so much sweeter :biggrin:

He would be a good signing, I've heard Notts are going to sign Stubbings, Jefferson and Fulton, so he may want to move to get first team cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669