Leics V Warks C&G Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't make it to Grace Road today. :( However, is this competition usually 50 overs? I assume they are only playing 33 overs because of the weather delay?

Cricket isn't too interesting when listening to it on the radio. :(

The_Lane said:
Did Warwickshire only play 33 overs because they reached the wickets limit?

What wickets limit?!? You mean being all out. The rain meant that the innings was shortened to 33 overs and Warwickshire finished the innings with 9 wickets down.

Maddy and Robinson going well. On course for victory.

Nice to see Maddy in the runs again. Good performance from Allenby as well claiming 4 wickets.

Latest 96-0 Maddy 50*

flashyfox said:
What wickets limit?!? You mean being all out.

Hmmm, yes that is what I meant. Although, I think being all out in four day is 10 wickets. Correct? Does this apply for one day, or is it only the overs that matter?

Duzza said:
All out in any fom of cricket is 10 wickets.
Apart from South African cricket where Hanse Cronje decides when is team is out :icon_bigg

Last edited:
Leicestershire won by 7 wickets :038: :038:

One day cricket depending on format (20/40/50 overs) you have that many overs to bat. If the team is all out (10 wickets) before the overs have been bowled then the innings is over.
In 4 day/ test matches the number of overs you can bat is limitless. A team will either be all out, declare or bat through to the end of the match. (No team has batted for 4 or 5 days solidly as far as i know though!!)

flashyfox said:
Nice to see Maddy in the runs again. Good performance from Allenby as well claiming 4 wickets.

Latest 96-0 Maddy 50*

Very good win, I didn't fancy us against that batting line-up with the way Trott has been playing. Maddy has made a good start this season at least.

Surprised Sadler isn't making the one-day side either - wonder if he's still carrying an injury? Similarly I forgot about Habib, surprised he didn't make the Championship side.

Any news on Sheriyar?

Not heard anything about Sheriyar. Guess it's been decided not to offer him a contract.

I'm surprised at Sadler's absence as well. Pleased that Henderson wasn't playing today. With Mongia and Snape playing, i think 3 spinners is over kill in the 50 over and championship formats. Think he'll be useful for the 20-20 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00