Let us salute her...

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer

Ellen MacArthur is to be made a dame as she gets a hero's welcome after sailing around the world solo in record time

Thousands of people travelled from across Britain to welcome her home, refusing to be deterred by squally showers sweeping across the coast.

"This is nothing compared to what she has been through. She is a hero," said Diana Ledger, huddled beneath her umbrella.

Jo Moore took two days off work and drove 6-1/2 hours from London.

"She's absolutely phenomenal. We've followed her throughout the trip and had to be here today," she said. "It's an amazing achievement -- more people have been in space than have sailed solo round the world without stopping."

Pat Tomlinson, 42, had travelled from Carlisle. She said: "We got here at 3.30am and I slept in the car.
"Ellen is really a heroine as far as I am concerned. Everyone should look at her and realise that if they follow their dreams they can do it."

Prime Minister Tony Blair said "The whole country is very proud of Ellen MacArthur."

The Prince of Wales sent "heartfelt congratulations" and added: "The whole of the United Kingdom is, I know, delighted by your success."

On a BBC messageb oard:

True grit. What bravery and determination she has. An inspiration to us all. It makes me even more proud to be British.
Holly, Edinburgh, UK

LEGEND!!
sailor, england

I can't say I know much about sailing but this has been absolutely inspirational. The sheer grit and determination, not to mention skill, this much have taken is beyond comprehension. I can think of no plaudit high enough to praise you and all the 'major' sports that hog all the headlines are practically pointless in comparison to this. An absolutely magnificent achievement.
Naomi Elliott, UK

You are a wonderful woman - a true champion among champions - you are a credit to yourself, your family and the country. Well done Ellen , well done!!!
Linda, UK

Ellen, you are a spoilt rich girl attention seeking bint who has just sat on a feckin' boat for ten weeks whilst the rest of us have to get up and go to feckin' work every day. You are a complete and utter feckin' waste of space. Feck Off
Homer, Leicester

The saddest thing is some soft twats have travelled from Carlisle to wave a Union jack at her

For fecks sake, people in this office this morning, were lauding praise on her. So I said 'what has she actully done?' this was greated by defly silence! speak volumes.

What a fookin waste of time!!

Whinge whinge whinge *Check sat-nav system*

Whine whine whine *Check B&Q and Derbyshire Building Society shares on internet*

Whinge whinge whinge *Upload latest mission realignment data from satellite link to boat auto-pilot *

Whine Whine Whine *Pass finish line. Collect big fat cheque and plaudits from appreciative toffs*

ITV had a lunchtime news special on the dog! Can you believe that!!!
Apparantly she always wanted to sail and saved her pocket money for two months to buy a yacht. I was like, hang on a minute, 2 months pocket money saved and she could afford a feckin' yacht!??! Whats all that about. Mind you, you have to feel sorry for her, not only is she an absolute minging dwarf shag pig, she's from derby. Enough to send anyone want to go sailing around the world.

2 months pocket money would just about buy you some crappy airfix model of a boat, not a friggin' yacht you spoilt rich girl twat

Looks like she drinks from the furry cup as well, if you ask me

what a complete waste of time, I would have been more impressed if she had rowed round the fecking globe.

I don't care if she sailed in a yacht or an empty can of tuna, really don't give a shit about the fecking bint.

homer said:
2 months pocket money would just about buy you some crappy airfix model of a boat, not a friggin' yacht you spoilt rich girl twat

Looks like she drinks from the furry cup as well, if you ask me

Couldnt agree more, definatly a Lady Gardener.

_40805873_ellen_hull203_andrew.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670