Let's all calm down a bit !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichMC24

I am fully aware that I will be lambasted for this but I would like to make the following points.

A) I accept that we were really poor yesterday and I too am concerned about the early season lacklustre performances.

However, even playing as bad as we did, we still had 14 attempts at goal to Brighton's 1. This isn't attempts on target, this is just attempts !!!
For long periods, we were able to control the game, but didn't show any creativity up front. The usual punt up to Dublin/Scowy didn't work and we had no other options.

B) I don't think that the players are not trying. I think that they are all trying hard but things just aren't going their way at the moment. Had Dion scored with that header or Connolly but the ball in from his chance, I believe we would be celebrating a win. The problem game yesterday because we got caught out and then Brighton stuck 10 men behind the ball.

C) I don;t think we should be calling for Micky's head. I have read a few posts from last season and there weren't many who wanted Micky to go after the La Manga affair. In fact, there are loads of posts stating that they would understand it if he did go, but they were begging him to stay. Fans are always going on about loyalty, Dickov, Thatcher etc... but it works both ways.

In fact, I am really disgusted with the attitude of the fans when it comes to Micky. I have no problem with booing the team AFTER the game yesterday as it was a bad performance and we are entitled to let them know. What I can't abide is the slating of Micky. This is a man that has stuck by this club over the last few years through its darkest ever period. not only did he stick with us, but he successfully managed promotion against almighty odds.

Last year, he managed the club in his first full Premiership year with a shoestring budget and we were narrowly relegated. In fact, had we been a little luckier and not conceded so many late goals, we would be comfortably safe.

And now, after 3 weeks of the new season, you lot are not prepared to give the guy a reasonable chance at getting this NEW team sorted out.

I am not saying that the performances so far haven't been woeful, but changing your manager because of a dodgy spell is just not the way.

And for the guy who suggested that we are as bad as Pleat'ys team - Get Real !!!! I well remember the days of Pleat and we are no way as bad as that.

Also, the comparison to Taylor - I really can't believe you mention Adams in the same way as Taylor - Taylor inherited a top 10 team, spent 28 million and got us relegated.

Adams has spent bugger all - steered the club to promotion, then got relegated and will lead us to promotion again.

I'm not one for this Keep The Faith rubbish but I would urge folks to remain calm. It's a long season and we will get it right. Just look at the bottom half of the table and you will realise that we aren't the only big club having problems adjusting.

Let the slating begin :)

Sack RichMC24 :evil:

when city win its praise for MA from MA, but when we lose its down to the players and now he claims its not a MA side out their yesterday....................i didnt exactly demand wilcox came on, or blake. its his choice and to be quite honest its a shite choice.

he has always been made out as being hard done to, fair enough administration etc was a harsh thing for any manager to suffer through, and despite his original acceptance of the blame la manga is now not his fault. he took players away on a holiday (obviously because they deserve it) and they act like primitive arseholes under his supervision. the idea that the holiday was funded by disciplinary fines makes the situation more ridiculous, he was rewarding them for bookings and sendings off.

the coaching staff he has are surely his decision. i am aware that bassett would be no1s decision as is just too negative, but we couldnt afford a pay off to sack him so 'moved him upstairs'. last season he was quoted as saying that despite his coaches wanting to play a 3-5-2 he is the manager and he picks the 442.....an arrogance and pig headed attitude he also has when the media/fans picks a fault with somehting he does, shit substitutions for example- much criticism so he makes jokes about it in interviews on an odd occasion when it worked.

top comment from the old stager there....hear,hear.....

I am still down but coming to terms with one of the worst performances I've seen in 37 years of watching City. On top of that I work in Coventry.....nuff said!

However.....
Micky has done wonders for this club since he took the helm, and has AGAIN assembled a collection of talented individuals, albeit on paper. He needs time to gel them into a TEAM, get the TACTICS right and we will be in with a good chance of going up. A tall order but if anyone can do it then Micky can.

Have patience and console yourself by looking at all the other "big" teams around us near the bottom of the table.

well we should all take heart in the fact us and wolves will be relegated

:D I'll settle with that.......hmmm

fitz said:
when city win its praise for MA from MA, but when we lose its down to the players and now he claims its not a MA side out their yesterday....................i didnt exactly demand wilcox came on, or blake. its his choice and to be quite honest its a shite choice.

he has always been made out as being hard done to, fair enough administration etc was a harsh thing for any manager to suffer through, and despite his original acceptance of the blame la manga is now not his fault. he took players away on a holiday (obviously because they deserve it) and they act like primitive arseholes under his supervision. the idea that the holiday was funded by disciplinary fines makes the situation more ridiculous, he was rewarding them for bookings and sendings off.

the coaching staff he has are surely his decision. i am aware that bassett would be no1s decision as is just too negative, but we couldnt afford a pay off to sack him so 'moved him upstairs'. last season he was quoted as saying that despite his coaches wanting to play a 3-5-2 he is the manager and he picks the 442.....an arrogance and pig headed attitude he also has when the media/fans picks a fault with somehting he does, shit substitutions for example- much criticism so he makes jokes about it in interviews on an odd occasion when it worked.

I'm not saying Micky is blameless here. I'm just saying that its gonna take time to make this team work. I believe we owe him a bit of patience to get it right rather than screaming for the sack just because we've lost a couple.

In the words of Mighty Malf - Chill Your Beans :)

MA's tactics have been nothing short of.......hang on someone's got some sweets !!

Wellard said:
MA's tactics have been nothing short of.......hang on someone's got some sweets !!

Nice One Weel!!! I'm not sure private jokes work on a public forum. This is an important issue and I feel that........Hold on a sec! Someone's got some sweets.....

You are probably right on most things there to be honest - I was just completely disgusted with that display yesterday - and yes, i thought we were as one dimensional and clueless as Pleat's foxes, but no I certainly know better than to compare MA with twatty Taylor, my point was we didn't 'hoof' as much then...that was all, I know they're incomparable.

I agree with the sentiment. This is no time for knee jerk reactions. However who else thought the loudest singing from our fans was "What a load of rubbish" Bit ironic really :roll:

xsubmariner said:
I agree with the sentiment. This is no time for knee jerk reactions. However who else thought the loudest singing from our fans was "What a load of rubbish" Bit ironic really :roll:

It was a load of rubbish! Don't get me wrong. I felt that the fans were really good yesterday. To put up with that tosh for 85 minutes before boo-ing was quite an effort in my eyes. Nothing wrong with having a go at the team after the whistle if the performance wasn't up to scratch.

The team and manager are in no doubt what we think about that performance and I feel that now we should give them a chance to sort it out.

My point was that we should really give Micky a chance to get it right! he clearly cares a great deal about the job and wants to succeed. My money is on him to change things round.

its allright saying no knee jerk reactions,i have not come out with all this on the back of 1 game.the football is dreadful and thats what every team in the country thinks as well, i am a paying spectator who deserves better than that tripe we serve up,ive got this horrible feeling now if we go behind we wont come back,we just dont have the know how and the sooner he goes the better.the trouble with most leicester fans is that they see him as a likeable fella,whicn he is,but the bottom line he is a poor technichan and knows 1 style of football,which is not good enough.

RichMC24 said:
I am fully aware that I will be lambasted for this but I would like to make the following points.

A) I accept that we were really poor yesterday and I too am concerned about the early season lacklustre performances.

However, even playing as bad as we did, we still had 14 attempts at goal to Brighton's 1. This isn't attempts on target, this is just attempts !!!
For long periods, we were able to control the game, but didn't show any creativity up front. The usual punt up to Dublin/Scowy didn't work and we had no other options.

B) I don't think that the players are not trying. I think that they are all trying hard but things just aren't going their way at the moment. Had Dion scored with that header or Connolly but the ball in from his chance, I believe we would be celebrating a win. The problem game yesterday because we got caught out and then Brighton stuck 10 men behind the ball.

C) I don;t think we should be calling for Micky's head. I have read a few posts from last season and there weren't many who wanted Micky to go after the La Manga affair. In fact, there are loads of posts stating that they would understand it if he did go, but they were begging him to stay. Fans are always going on about loyalty, Dickov, Thatcher etc... but it works both ways.

In fact, I am really disgusted with the attitude of the fans when it comes to Micky. I have no problem with booing the team AFTER the game yesterday as it was a bad performance and we are entitled to let them know. What I can't abide is the slating of Micky. This is a man that has stuck by this club over the last few years through its darkest ever period. not only did he stick with us, but he successfully managed promotion against almighty odds.

Last year, he managed the club in his first full Premiership year with a shoestring budget and we were narrowly relegated. In fact, had we been a little luckier and not conceded so many late goals, we would be comfortably safe.

And now, after 3 weeks of the new season, you lot are not prepared to give the guy a reasonable chance at getting this NEW team sorted out.

I am not saying that the performances so far haven't been woeful, but changing your manager because of a dodgy spell is just not the way.

And for the guy who suggested that we are as bad as Pleat'ys team - Get Real !!!! I well remember the days of Pleat and we are no way as bad as that.

Also, the comparison to Taylor - I really can't believe you mention Adams in the same way as Taylor - Taylor inherited a top 10 team, spent 28 million and got us relegated.

Adams has spent bugger all - steered the club to promotion, then got relegated and will lead us to promotion again.

I'm not one for this Keep The Faith rubbish but I would urge folks to remain calm. It's a long season and we will get it right. Just look at the bottom half of the table and you will realise that we aren't the only big club having problems adjusting.

Let the slating begin :)

Sack RichMC24 :evil:

Someone talking some feckin sense on here for once!

Well said RichMC24, its 6 games gone, on paper we have the best team in the league, give them time to gel and baby we will be flyin!

I couldn't care less if we played shite football and won but losing so many games at home in a shite style is testing everyones patience.

We were hardly Brazil under MON but the style of play we adopted under PT then MA has been dreadful to watch. It's been over 4 years since we turned on any sort of style and I am getting very bored of watching LCFC. If Mansfield beat Preston in the Cup I hope we have sorted things out enough for me to feel like not going in the away end :shock: :wink: .

If you ask fans of his previous clubs, he got the teams playing attractive football. So he does know how it is done. The players know how it is done as well because at times they do actually pass it around quite well. Trouble is, sometimes it is so slow and pedestrian that the opposition get players back behind the ball before we have the ball in the danger zone.
The long ball is the easy copout by the players as they sherk responsibility. How many times did Tiatto have the ball and couldn't find an option because players had run away. When a player has the ball he should have at least 2 options open to him, otherwise the opposition can predict your play. Thats basic football. :roll:
Confidence is low, so players do go hiding. We need a leader, on and off the pitch. Saw micky on the tv after the game and he looked in shock, so lets see what he does for the next couple of games.
As for the next stiffies game I'd give half the first team a run out and leave them in no doubt as to the standard required.
At present I do believe Micky is the man for the job, but ...........

One thing that I was aware of against Brighton, dispite having 'loads of chances' we never during the game put them under real pressure and never had them scared of us, even late on we never turned the screw and showed a willingness to throw everything at them. Most of the players didn't seem bothered enough.

That is one downside of MA is that he's shown that he can't turn things around. When we're loosing, we carry on loosing.

Yes, on paper we have about the best team in the league (great to say that!) but when the bloke who's guiding them can't fire them up, whats the point. Brighton were so more organised and determined than city, It's scary.

Keep the faith? Unfortunatly as it stands the only way City are getting out of this division is down. (Now I know that WILL NOT happen).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566