Lets unite behind the new partnership

Status
Not open for further replies.

RN Fox

The statement in the Sun - Wilkinson’s arrival at the Walkers Stadium has gone down “like a lead balloon” with Foxes fans.
Cliff Ginetta, chairman of the Leicester City Supporters Club, admitted: “There’s a lot of disappointed and disillusioned supporters out there and this isn’t likely to make them feel any better.”

Here we go again putting the knife in before the new set up of Basset/Wilkinson have had chance to even pick a team. Let's give the guys a chance and get behind the new regime - whatever happened to the vocal support we used to give the boys. I remember at the beginning of last season the atmosphere was unbelievable at the Walkers, we were all very optimistic - it's been overtaken by an oppressive blame culture in particular where the manager is concerned.

Let's look at this season - we all know MA and his substitutions were catastrophic but we have had no real luck with the hangover from Administration which is still biting, La Manga, relegation, a mass exodus of players coupled with players being sent off in most games and that other important factor - bad luck.

We have so afflicted by the MA situation that it's even started a massive slanging match on here between the posters. Theres got to be a time when we say "draw a line under the situation and move on" I think this is a brilliant forum but am saddened to see some of the slagging that has recently occurred. This is proving very destructive and will not help our cause, in fact our rivals F%^&*(T, Sheep etc will be revelling in our self destruction. If Wilko comes in and put his best efforts into lifting the club then I for one want him here.

Come on the Blue Army if we don't get behind the new partnership in a positive way how can they be expected to give us what we want - a winning team, good football and promotion. We are living in cloud cuckoo land if we think we can entice the likes of Venger, Ferguson or other world class foreign managers to the Walkers so let's accept the current appointment, get behind our beloved team and kick the arse of Cov this week. With Walker, Benjamin, Harper and Keown back in the squad we should have a real chance to repair some of the damage and put the team back on course.

Come on Bassett & Wilko.

I want us to do well and start winning etc and I can about cope with Bassett as a stop gap but Wilkinson is a man I detest he's up there with Wise for me so I find it difficult supporting him.However I support the Club not the manager/coach so I hope for 3 points on Saturday,anybody else other than Wilkinson though,his tactics,his football beliefs,his'personality'..I just cannot stand the man.

highland fox said:
I want us to do well and start winning etc and I can about cope with Bassett as a stop gap but Wilkinson is a man I detest he's up there with Wise for me so I find it difficult supporting him.However I support the Club not the manager/coach so I hope for 3 points on Saturday,anybody else other than Wilkinson though,his tactics,his football beliefs,his'personality'..I just cannot stand the man.

... say what you mean. :wink:

I am so looking forward to this Saturday. :p :p :wink:

I don't feel that comfortable about 'getting behind' any man to be honest...

You say get behind the manager, but if we lose to Coventry and Ipswich i can see the boo boys starting again. :(

Willlow said:
You say get behind the manager, but if we lose to Coventry and Ipswich i can see the boo boys starting again. :(

That could well be true but I don't see Bassett and Wilko doing the toys out of pram routine.

Ssssshhhhh it's the Blue Army :?

RN - you just don't get it do you? Do you seriously think that it is the 'Adams In' crew who won't accept Bassett and Wilko? Do you think that we are the ones who are going to be in the vanguard of the 'Bassett/Wilko Out' movement when we fail to win five on the spin?

No, my friend, it's the 'Adams Out' crowd you need to be talking to. As 'Foxes Never Quit' sagely put it they are all trying to wash their hands of their role in getting Adams to resign. He goes one better and says this shower of sh*te should be held accountable for their actions. Spot on sir, spot on.

Now, do you think, do you really think that having made their beds (and ours too) this group of mindless, moronic, fickle boneheaded dick thinkers will be content to lie in it? Well? I think not.

As they tried to hound me and others off this forum who suggested a little patience and just a bit of common sense, so I will persecute them for their role in plunging this club into its deepest crisis since administration.

So it's fire with fire, like for like and measure still more for measure.

10/11 - remember it. I won't let you ever forget it!

For crying out loud lets just get behind Harry and Wilko, so they may not be our dream management team but we all know it is not long term.

We were all aware that when Micky left that Bassett would be caretaker and in the current circumstances he will do a decent job short term in steadying the club back down and getting us into a decent position for the new manager to come in.

Be excited about the future and look beyond the next 3 or so games. We will definately have a new manager. IMO it will be Gary Mac with Wilko as his assistant (they were together at Leeds).

I don't think I would be happy with Gary Mac. Bassett has a proven track record of being succesful at getting teams promoted, as sadly did Micky.

I take it the 'Adams in' crew would have been glad to see a man who was clearly suffering to continue until pushed to the point of a breakdown. You cruel b*stards, he said he wanted a break let him have it in peace.

Or did the fans play psychological games with him? :twisted: :lol:

Well said RN fox.
We dont know what is going to happen, but we have to give them the benifit of the doubt and get behind them.

We can not expect them to lift the players immediatly, it is going to take time to get the players to believe in themselves again, but at least they can start to get the ball rolling and hopfully lay the foundation for the perminant manager.

Well Said Chandler, REAL fans do NOT and will not treat the Manager of their club the way the cardboard fans have treated SEVERAL of our custodians including M O N !!

Nail on the head MB! In fact MON left LCFC when he did partly because of the way he was treated by the fans in our promo season.

highland fox said:
he's up there with Wise for me tactics,his football beliefs,his'personality'..I just cannot stand the man.

r u hsvin a laugh, highland... :shock: :? :shock:

that twat wise shit on our club and tried to help us go out of business... whateva you think of wilkinson on a personal level wtf has he ever done to lcfc... :?:

Chandler said:
Nail on the head MB! In fact MON left LCFC when he did partly because of the way he was treated by the fans in our promo season.

what complete and utter bollox :evil: :evil: :evil:

mon was given some stick BY A SMALL MINORITY OF FANS at ONE GAME againt sheff. united whiich was during a time when we were playing VERY badly and NOT picking up results... it wasn't as if there was an all-out O'neill out campaign by 30,000...

Get a grip mate...

That 'minority' caused a near riot after that game you ex pat plonker. The treatment went on for several more games because MON had the temerity to off load an out of form Joachim to Villa.

And how the f*ck would you know anything except second hand opinions stuck out there in the windy city? Don't tell me you commute to City games, home and away, from O'Hare?

Show some respect you Anglo Yank arsehole or are you asking for a free 'demonstation' too next time when you are over?

Chandler said:
And how the f*ck would you know anything except second hand opinions stuck out there in the windy city? Don't tell me you commute to City games, home and away, from O'Hare?

no... midway actually :wink:

and what the hell do you mean by 'free demonstration'???

Chandler, you sound like a complete idiot. Sort yourself out and get the facts right first before spouting off shit like you do.
You may have a point in saying that fans should have stood by MA a little more. I dont like it when they go against players or manager DURING a game, we should be all behind them as one when play is on. But after a game....? Everybody has an opinion, thats what football is about.

MON left us because of money and a "bigger club", If it was to do with the Sheff Utd match then he would have left nearer the time, he was quick to leave Norwich for us after being there a very short time, and having a run in with the chairman. That little prat only lives for himself and has no loyalty to any club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566